Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Sparring Partners in Camp

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Sparring Partners in Camp

Bastie Samir, J'Leon Love, Ramon Montano, Omar Henry, and Luis Arias have been serving as sparring partners in the camp of Floyd Mayweather Jr. (42-0, 26KOs), as the current WBC welterweight champion prepares for his upcoming fight with WBA junior middleweight champion Miguel Cotto on May 5th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Floyd looked so slow and like crap. THE SAME GUY who never let anyone in his sparring and would claim he would bloody up and demolish his sparring partners lmao. No wonder he is scared of a speedy, infinite punching throwing guy like Pacquiao. "I am fighting 5 more times but not with strong champions"

"The fans won't push me into fights I don't want like fans pushed Ali into the fights where he lost. Pacquiao is too risky. I come first, it's called self preservation."

Comment

i looked up all of those fighters and surprise surprise there all bums !!!!!!!!!! i think floyd is making a mistake by facing bums durring camp instead of quality opposition !!!! because when he faces cotto he will be in for a rude awakening !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Good sparring group.

Floyd ready to put the pain on Cotto.

No man on the planet with-in 160 and below can beat Floyd right now IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
          Floyd looked so slow and like crap. THE SAME GUY who never let anyone in his sparring and would claim he would bloody up and demolish his sparring partners lmao. No wonder he is scared of a speedy, infinite punching throwing guy like Pacquiao. "I am fighting 5 more times but not with strong champions"

"The fans won't push me into fights I don't want like fans pushed Ali into the fights where he lost. Pacquiao is too risky. I come first, it's called self preservation."
          HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!..MANNNN...Floyd was sharp as HELLLL...It was like the marquez fight, but with WAAAY More power...against Ortiz, he only threw right hands, but against Omar, this dude arsenal was amAZING...All TYPES of punches, hooks, hookercuts, sharp power jabs, u name it, he done it...he boxed, flatfooted, ran and boxed on the backfoot, angles, combo counters on the insides...Floyd keeps getting better and better, and with him throwing all these punches, and all this power, I dont see ANYONE surviving 12 rounds...Its just too much punishment, and you cant predict when he's gonna fight on the inside or the outside cuz he switches it up so much...his speed was back...every punch was a laser, very accurate...WOW...I think Floyd was TOYING with Ortiz, but this guy keeps getting better and better, and he is preparing to really massacre Cotto man...I personally, was SHOCKED by how he keeps switching, and improving in every fight...Pac gonna have to do something, cuz he became a boring cautious fighter scared to get countered by washed up guys, while Floyd walks u down, stays in ur face, forces u to fight every second, and he's just on a different level now, Im sorry man but ur sooo wrong...wait till fight time, I cant even IMAGINE

Comment

BTW, Pac's ppv numbers are so bad, that Arum told Da Rafeal, that he will no longer release them, this is why he agreed to take less...He shouldnt have fought Mosley, cuz thats when his stock started plummeting...if Floyd finds out how REALLY bad it is, Pac wont even get 40 mil...I just want the fight to happen at all cost

Comment

Flod looked pretty sharp for 5 1/2 weeks out. He can't just go full on an all out against Henry, he'd kick his a$$. He has to fight every possible way during sparring, toe-to-toe and flat footed, backing up and countering, off the ropes, walking him down, to get ready for the fight. If he just walked Henry down and beat him down, it's not getting him ready for anything moron.

If Floyd really goes through a stretch where he doesn't fight good fighters or champions, it'd be really similar to Pac's stretch from 2010-2011 when he fought Clottey-Margarito-Mosley-Marquez, a joke when you're in his position. For Floyd to even get remotely close to how crappy those choices were in the next couple years, he'd have to fight people like Maidana, Berto-Ortiz II loser, and Cintron, and I doubt Floyd does that.

Realistically, Floyd has far more options than Pacquiao the next couple years. He has Canelo (if he gets a couple good wins), Khan (if he beats Peterson and Berto-Ortiz II winner), Sergio, Molina, Lara, Alexander/Guerrero, etc.

Pac really only has Rios or Marquez, that's it.

And before Pac starts talking about a Floyd fight again, he can't seem to stop using Floyd's name lately, he better get through Tim Bradley. I expect Pac to beat Bradley, but if he loses or gets a questionable decision again, he'll lose any chance of getting a 45/55 split, let alone 50/50. He better get through that first, just like Floyd better get through Cotto at 154 first. Pac better beat Bradley convincingly because he's already going to get out down in PPV numbers in May-June, so he better beat Bradley down good.

Comment

Pacquiao is not a factor is Floyds quest for greatness.

Stop the b.s., grow up, and stop whining.

Aaron Pryor fans never cried 3 years for a fight with Leonard.

Floyd has the last say and says

"Fck all yall continue calling names from the outside looking in."

Manny needs to focus on Bradley and yall need to focus on your lives.

Move along theres nothing left to see here.

Comment

Originally posted by Gambling Ref
                  J love and omar henry also were margs sparring partners
                  Yep. They are quickly becoming big name sparring partners.

At least Love is still fighting.

Henry aint doing nothing but sparring.

Comment

Pac fans so butt hurt and angry

They scared of Bradley

Comment

Working...
                    X