Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squealpiggy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Even Money

How can a guy on the street get several years in prison for robbing a liquor store for a couple hundred dollars, and this pus5y robs the entire world for millions of dollars and gets a slap on the wrist?

Robbing a liquor store is a violent crime. It's also something which is more likely to result in reoffending than this type of fraud.
    lance "reoffended" for years

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by ColdCa$hCanelo View Post
      lance "reoffended" for years

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
      Somebody already made this erroneous comment. "Reoffending" does not refer to somebody committing the same crime over and over. It refers to somebody who offends, is caught, punished, and commits the same crime again.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        Lance Armstrong is not going to prison for cheating. It's immoral but it isn't illegal to cheat. He's going to go to prison for committing perjury in his many court cases. I think the biggest single amount he made was when he sued his sponsor SCA Promotions for his prize bonuses after they withheld payment after alleging that he cheated. He won a $12 million settlement in that case. Other cases were small beans, but possible had a greater impact. For example he sued his assistant Emma O'Reilly after she tried to speak out about doping in cycling. She was forced to write an apology and the Sunday Times that published her story was forced to pay over $900,000.

You see it isn't that he cheated. The issue is that he aggressively litigated against anyone who said so and fraudulently won court cases by lying on the stand. That's why he needs to go to jail.
        yeah, he messed up. thanks for the clarification.

he does need to do some time - but he won't.

Comment

US, chinese and German athletes should be tested every day.

US cheats have the best technology. Mayweather should be checked all year round.

Comment

He does need to do a short stint of time in jail. But then, there are other riders whom have admitted it not getting hardly any spot light. The top dog always gets the spot light.

I only watched part one of the Oprah interview, but apparently was it the NY Times journalist who accused him for years, Lance sued, kinda ruined his career - being owed an apology.

For me, stuff like that is truly dreadful and despicable. I have little empathy for insurance corporations that fuck people over all the time, have been victim here but will get their money back.

But pursuing people who accused you so aggressively you ruined careers, that's unacceptable and something he doesn't seem to still truly understand the repercussions of.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy Ho View Post
              yeah, he messed up. thanks for the clarification.

he does need to do some time - but he won't.
              I don't know, US sprinter Marion Jones did time for perjury in similar circumstances but with considerably less personal gain.

Comment

Working...
              X