No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBO Prez Doesn't Expect Chavez Jr. vs Martinez Battle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: WBO Prez Doesn't Expect Chavez Jr. vs Martinez Battle

The President of the World Boxing Organization, Puerto Rico's Francisco Valcarcel, doesn't expect a fight to come about between middleweight king Sergio 'Maravilla' Martinez (49-2-2, 28KOs) and WBC 160-pound champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (45-0-1, 31KOs). The WBC is trying to force the fight to come together for September 15th in Las Vegas.

[Click Here To Read More]

WOW!!!!...smh

Comment

That's because JCC Jr. is a scared duck boy.

-Afraid of needles, leaves the building before blood tests can be done

-Not even open for PED test negotiations with Martinez

-Has already been caught using a banned substance

It only adds to the suspicion when he works with Ariza and Roach, with Arum promoting.

Hey, "WBC" if you're gonna force the fight then do it already. Stop bluffing.

Comment

they are going to have to drop that title. it's embarassing.

Comment

this a mind game by valcarcel to incite chavez jr and his team to fight...as i see it, chavez jr. has all what it takes (except the speed) to silence martinez and his followers...

i don't think martinez can stand with chavez' dreaded left hooks...

this is a good fight, i hope this happens soon...

Comment

Same situation with Pacquaio. Pacquaio losing to Mayweather will lead to a cut in future earnings.

Comment

Martinez vs Lee

Chavez Jr vs Martinez will not happen because Andy Lee will take the WBC title on June 16th. Chavez hasn't fought a boxer of Lee's calibre before and he's still looked suspect against mediocre opponents. Lee is a southpaw like Martinez and Emmanuel Stewart would not have Lee take this fight unless he was certain he's going to win. Lee could just as easily fought Daniel Geale and taken a title there. Martinez would destroy both Chavez and Lee but I understand that there is will not be a Sept showdown if Lee wins. Martinez will pursue a Mayweather bout and Lee will be allowed one defense before Martinez vs Lee on Paddys day next year. There has been a suggestion that Lee would fight Matthew Macklin which would be a disastrous move as Macklin could take Lee.

Comment

chavez since giving the title has'nt fought anybody worthy of his tomato can status.he's running his mouth while ducking behind arum. we boo'd his ass in mexico and will do it again.mexican champions are warriors and never get stripped for this reason.jr was born a coward with a famous last name.

Comment

Originally posted by v.cassiusali@ya View Post
                  this a mind game by valcarcel to incite chavez jr and his team to fight...as i see it, chavez jr. has all what it takes (except the speed) to silence martinez and his followers...

i don't think martinez can stand with chavez' dreaded left hooks...

this is a good fight, i hope this happens soon...

Comment

JULIO CESEAR CHAVEZ JR is the biggest chump ass puzzie in the game right now. Musha and his flunkies better pick a new fighter, a real fighter instead of that coward kid. He and his team want to talk trash about shutting Martinez up but they lie to the public and run away like they always do. Arum knows it's going to be hard to rip Martinez off once he drops Chavez 4 times en route to a ref stoppage.

Comment

Working...
                    X