No announcement yet.

Wlad has a pretty impressive/old school like record

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    i saw a 1940's black and white film of tony thompson boxing as an up n comer. pretty good stuff.
    According to my sources Tony floored Jack Dempsey in a sparring session.

Comment

Originally posted by La_Vibora View Post
      67-3 with 43 KOs

Can anyone tell me what modern heavyweight held this record? Anyone want to take a guess?
      Brian Neilsen has a record of 64 wins (43 KOs) and 3 losses. He was 64-2 until he came out of a 9 year retirement last year.

Comment

67-3 with 43 KOs

Can anyone tell me what modern heavyweight held this record? Anyone want to take a guess?
        Brian Neilson?

Comment

It is a good record. One of the things that bothers on this site is fans who complain the game has changed and fighters can't fight often enough to amass the same records as old timers. Bull crap. Its all about letting a fighter develop. Wlad was an Olympic gold medalist and had 35 fights before going for his first world title. Today people are prying a rush to see guys in world championships before they've learned their craft. I mean, its horrible when there are like 4 fighters in the top ten with less than 20 fights.

Comment

You guys are right, its Brian Nielsen, my apologies for hitting the wrong key to put 67 instead of 64. My point is that records mean nothing, it is career defining fights and quality of opposition that does.

Comment

You guys are right, its Brian Nielsen, my apologies for hitting the wrong key to put 67 instead of 64. My point is that records mean nothing, it is career defining fights and quality of opposition that does.
              At the same time he is fighting top ranked guys ever since he got his first title.

It's not like some other fighters that build up records fighting bums in top 20s/30s.

He fights the best the division has to offer.

And if he happens to make them look like cans or they are lacking altogether its not really the mans fault.

Comment

Brian Neilson beat more ATG's then Klitschkos..

Comment

Originally posted by Ukr_Alex View Post
                  At the same time he is fighting top ranked guys ever since he got his first title.

It's not like some other fighters that build up records fighting bums in top 20s/30s.

He fights the best the division has to offer.

And if he happens to make them look like cans or they are lacking altogether its not really the mans fault.
                  does vitali not exist?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    does vitali not exist?

lol

their brotherhood is taken for granted

in time, that's what they'll be remembered for most.

two brothers ruled the division

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      lol

their brotherhood is taken for granted

in time, that's what they'll be remembered for most.

two brothers ruled the division

well you can't dominate a division if you don't fight the best guy in it.

Comment

Working...
                      X