Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Floyd fight Sergio Martinez in September?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would love to see the fight, its a 50/50 fight. However like most said, Floyd has a decent chance of being flattened.

Just like manny/jmm 4 was a 50/50 fight, and manny was was flattened.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxn View Post
      Would love to see the fight, its a 50/50 fight. However like most said, Floyd has a decent chance of being flattened.

Just like manny/jmm 4 was a 50/50 fight, and manny was was flattened.
      That alone is likely just enough to have Floyd avoid him... This is exactly why we need to see Floyd in a tough, but even challenge. He's known for taking the easy cherry pick route, we want to see what he's capable of with an opponent like Martinez.

Comment

It's a must fight for him now since pac took that ko loss. I doubt he will too high risk for his taste

Comment

Figured it'd be a landslide of a poll. Everyone wants to see this fight. Floyd's time to fight Pacquiao has passed, hopefully he won't slip away from Martinez too.

Comment

floyd fan

sergio martinez would kick floyds ass and he should!!! thats fight should never get made, if that fight had any potential to get made sergio would be fighting at 154 in the upcoming bout but hes not, there are alot of good names at 160-175 for martinez...floyd, pac, and JMM and many other current boxers have all went up in weight a hell of alot of times, serg needs to fight a top name there even quillin for his last bout after 2 more! no way in hell floyd fights that dude, him nor trout... not even cotto belongs at 154 but he loves to eat so... but get over it floyd will not and should not fight that dude! hes too big for floyd who is even a small WW
            Last edited by 12TRIBEsRiSe; 12-11-2012, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Id like to see it but id hate for it to be sergs first fight backdown at 154. then if floyd does win itll be written off as martinez was drained. I think martinez needs to fight a tune up at 54 first.

Comment

Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post
                Id like to see it but id hate for it to be sergs first fight backdown at 154. then if floyd does win itll be written off as martinez was drained. I think martinez needs to fight a tune up at 54 first.
                I don't think so, not if Martinez is willing to go to 154 (which he is). Martinez is a small MW.

Remember how Ward didn't budge when Dawson wanted a CW? So Dawson went all the way down to 168, got raped, and Ward started being p4p #1 on a lot of people's lists. They don't seem to care that he drained Dawson, because he was willing.

Comment

Martinez is ducking Ward.

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  Floyd doesn't want to end up like Pac did this weekend, he will fight Guerrero and then Canelo.
                  Sergio is ducking Andre Ward...he wants to fight Mayweather because he has all of the physical advantages over him and will not have to rely on his skillset that much.

Skil for Skill without a size difference, Mayweather would blast him.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
                    Mostly everyone here, including die hard Floyd fans seem to have an issue with Floyd fighting Guerrero. Some people have different reasons why they think Floyd-Guerrero is a shit fight, but the majority simply believe that Guerrero will lose a wide UD in a boring fight. I've seen people compare it's legitimacy to Pacquiao when he fought Clottey. Same ole same ole.

We want Floyd to be given a legit challenge. So what if he fights Sergio Martinez (at 154) in September? THEN I wouldn't mind him fighting someone like Guerrero or Bradley so much on May 4th. Because I know that it'd basically be his sorta "tune up" in preparation for the skilled, hard hitting p4p fighter in Sergio Martinez. I don't know ANYONE who would knock a Sergio Martinez fight, not even the Floyd haters.

The luster hasn't died down just yet, in fact I read an article stating that Martinez said he wants Floyd after Murray. The Murray fight is in April so that leaves him enough time for Floyd in September.

Do you think Floyd will show any interest in fighting Sergio Martinez?

Do you think Floyd should fight Guerrero/Canelo in May, and Martinez in September?
                    Roid mayfeather the chicken is shook of Sergio he'd rather fight Guerrero for an easy
                    Payday then fight Marquez followed by retirement he's a slippery sly bastard of a man I admire him as a fighter but despise him as a person for not allowing us the fights
                    We deserved years ago

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
                      Sergio is ducking Andre Ward...he wants to fight Mayweather because he has all of the physical advantages over him and will not have to rely on his skillset that much.

Skil for Skill without a size difference, Mayweather would blast him.
                      We aren't talking about Ward right now. Martinez is coming off of knee surgery. Floyd possesses the ability to outbox him but Martinez movement is key. It's not a one sided fight. Floyd should fight Martinez if he wants respect from fans and lose his label as a cherry picker.

Comment

Working...
                      X