Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch: Kessler is Going To Receive a Serious Whooping!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    Me too, man. Skillful warfare.
    Just an observation: When in the arena it definetely felt like Kessler could never miss with the left hook. When watching the fight at home afterwards, I didn't notice that punch much.

Here's the catch: Montoya has developed the left hook of Kessler into a lethal punch and he can now throw it as a lead. That might be the killshot.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      Just an observation: When in the arena it definetely felt like Kessler could never miss with the left hook. When watching the fight at home afterwards, I didn't notice that punch much.

Here's the catch: Montoya has developed the left hook of Kessler into a lethal punch and he can now throw it as a lead. That might be the killshot.
      The right will still be Kessler's money punch IMO but I think the hook would be a nice change of pace. Worked for Ward against Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        The right will still be Kessler's money punch IMO but I think the hook would be a nice change of pace. Worked for Ward against Froch.
        Which might have been out of neccesity. Wasn't it Ward's right hand that was broken?

Still the point is that Froch can be hit by the hook. It's not exactly news though. Froch is quite easy to hit, but it's not like Kessler is a defensive master either....

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          Which might have been out of neccesity. Wasn't it Ward's right hand that was broken?

Still the point is that Froch can be hit by the hook. It's not exactly news though. Froch is quite easy to hit, but it's not like Kessler is a defensive master either....
          No but they're both sturdy. But Kessler should be able to sharp-shoot him. The question with him is his composure.

Comment

You sometimes get two fighters that are just made for each other, which results in epic fights. Ward and Gatti, Pacquiao and Marquez are examples.

Froch and Kessler drop into this category, imo.

Kessler is a top fighter but I can't go against my man Froch. As a poster above said, he seems to have his devil back.

It doesn't matter who you're backing in this one, if you're a fan of boxing, you're gonna be a winner.

WAR CARLOS FROCHOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I may be reading something into something that isn't there here but Kessler is just one fight removed from getting dropped hard against no ones definition of elite and with a bit more time Green could have had him out of there. I'm not suggesting that being dropped is the be all and end all but if you look at Kesslers last 3 opponents can anyone honestly say he is better now than he was the first time around? If there is going to be a knockout I only see it going one way.

Comment

I favor Kessler more than Froch but since their first fight I think Kessler has lost a step, while Froch has stepped his game up to a higher level. Froch has faced the stiffer competition, while Kessler has been fairly inactive, except for the Boudala, Greene and Magee matches. I think this fight definitely won't last the full 12 this time. Can't wait!
                Last edited by GodInFleshSuit; 01-18-2013, 09:31 AM.

Comment

I will say Froch has really improved since last he was in the ring with Kessler..I don't know if I would say the same for Kessler tho..But at the end of the day I just think style wise these guys will always make for an exciting fight..I'm picking Froch but I believe it will be a similar kinda action fire fight...Based on both fighters style and mentality,can't wait for this one...

Comment

Im sure it will be an exiting fight, but besides the pay I cant see how it can do wonders for Kessler. He already beat Froch, so not much to win for him.

Its hard to say if or how much Froch improved since the first fight, sure hes more experienced but not more than Kessler. Froch fought better competition than Kessler since then, but that doesnt prove anything at all.

IMO Froch vs Bute was more about how overrated Bute is/was than how much Froch improved and I have always said Bute was THE most overrated SMW in recent years. It really made Froch look good, IMO better than he is.

Kessler on the other hand came back after a serious injury he suffered against Ward and clearly the Froch fight made it worse. I suspected he was having trouble with his vision early in the Froch fight, he was hit by punches he normally wouldnt and his timing was off compaired to normally. So it made sense when I heard that Kessler was pulling out due to serious problems with his vision which nearly ended his career.
                    Kessler was rusty against Green, very rusty. If he couldnt raise his level from that point he was done and would probably have lost against Magee, whos not a technical wonder but a tough brawler who will fight to the end.. Look how Kessler executed him not getting hit by anything that mattered. Thats the old Kessler that returned that day, still powerful and fast, but with more tools in the box than ever thanks to Montoya.
                    Mind you that Magee made Froch work hard back in 09.

I think that the reason Kessler took this fight is that he knows he can beat Froch since he already did that with a blurry vision. I expect to see a fight controlled by Kesslerīs superior skills, either a clear 12 rounds decision or a KO in the second half of the fight.
                    Last edited by The Slaughter; 01-18-2013, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X