No announcement yet.

I can't get excited for May/Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
    dude i had that day all planned out too...BBQ and everything...free HBO...then the no-show and the full collapse of the fight

this fight, i'll order but i already know its gonna be one of those fights where looking at the cable bill a month later will give me a facepalm moment
    There are a lot of fights that didn't live up to expectations. This might be one of them. I was trying to pitch this fight with my friends to split the bill for at least ten persons. No one is interested. They say Cotto is too slow for Mayweather; it's a mismatch. Seven effing dollars each can't be that painful on the pocket.

Comment

i'm actually pretty excited for the cotto-mayweather fight. even though floyd's speed will probably be too much for miguel, it won't be a walk in the park - at least for the first half of the fight. i don't know, there's something about cotto's new trainer that makes me think of an upset, maybe i'm crazy though.....

Comment

I tried to get excited for Mayweather/Cotto but I could only manage a small Broner.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
          nobody is overly excited about this fight
          it's 4 yrs too late to mean anything
          but it's better than Floyd going on another vacation
          wish Cotto would get in the mix with the other JMW's instead
          he has 0 chance of winning this fight with Floyd
          he got a modicum of revenge against Tony in the rematch
          he's satisfied after that to get paid and retire
          I'm glad at least someone recognizes that Floyd never fights an opponent that has a solid chance to beat him. ATG my azz

Comment

Originally posted by Imatroll View Post
            I can't get excited for this fight and it is only 2 weeks away. I tried watching the 24/7's before bed and kept falling asleep. Do I really need to see Cotto get beaten to a pulp again?.. it's so overdone already. We will see cotto in full tacticle retreat from rounds 4-12 trying not to get KO'd.

The general public already knows Cotto has absolutely no chance of winning. I'm just glad Cotto is getting a good payday, one of his kids looks like he's high maintance.

Not only that but we also got a Mosley snoozer on the undercard? Who else feels this way?
            If this fight was so easy for Floyd why is he training the hardest he's ever trained before? According to Roger.

Comment

Originally posted by thoughtsss View Post
              If this fight was so easy for Floyd why is he training the hardest he's ever trained before? According to Roger.
              What else should he say?
              The guys a joke, we're only training half as hard?

Comment

cotto? mayweather? yeah im ordering

Comment

Not only you mate, I felt the same way about the Ortiz fight, Watch it the next day after downloading it.

Comment

stream it up !
                    Only way to enjoy this fight is via stream.

Comment

its an ehhh fight to me. i kno ppl think it'll be close or w/e but i highly doubt it. im gonna watch tho. not sure im ordering it.

Comment

Working...
                      X