No announcement yet.

NRL 2012 Premiership Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ??? View Post
    No, I don't live close to the stadium. If I did then I would.
    Yeah, I think that has a bit to do with the crowds being very low, I was thinking it would be a short trip. But I couldn't get over how hidden the stadium is and far away from the coast.

Shame.

Comment

Picks for All Stars game this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by brently1979 View Post
        Picks for All Stars game this weekend?
        Hmm, I can't decide. Both teams have equally good players.

Comment

Comment

Nathan Merritt's celebration of his try before half-time made me chuckle.

Comment

The powerplay is a ****ing joke.

But a good game to watch.

Comment

The powerplay is a ****ing joke.

But a good game to watch.
                Yeah, it's never going to be put into the NRL.

Perth seem determined to have a team in the NRL.

Comment

Originally posted by ??? View Post
                  Yeah, it's never going to be put into the NRL.

Perth seem determined to have a team in the NRL.
                  Yeah, I think the NRL are pushing for it.

I can't see it taking off over there to be honest.

They would be better off with a NSW central coast team, they a stadium and the locals love their League, not fair from Sydney so a lot of the Supporters from Sydney clubs could make the trip, but the NRL only care about the TV Deals, which I understand is the main source of Revenue, but it's depressing watching games on TV with only a handful of supporters in the crowd, like the A League.

Comment

Yeah, I think the NRL are pushing for it.

I can't see it taking off over there to be honest.

They would be better off with a NSW central coast team, they a stadium and the locals love their League, not fair from Sydney so a lot of the Supporters from Sydney clubs could make the trip, but the NRL only care about the TV Deals, which I understand is the main source of Revenue, but it's depressing watching games on TV with only a handful of supporters in the crowd, like the A League.
                    Well, if a team from Perth does make it into the NRL at least then it can be truly called the 'National' Rugby League. They could also air live matches from Perth at times where they normally wouldn't e.g. 9:30PM eastern Australian time.

If the NRL did expand and put new teams into the NRL would probably put two teams into the comp, not just one so they could air an extra match on TV and it would make the TV contract more valuable and if only one new team gets put in there will be 17 teams and obviously a club would have to take a bye each week. That wouldn't do any good for the TV contract.

I hear central Queensland want a team and people want a second Brisbane team. So I don't know about central coast's chance at getting a team into the NRL.
                    Last edited by ???; 02-20-2012, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X