No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Estrada Will Make a Voluntary, Then Segura Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Estrada Will Make a Voluntary, Then Segura Showdown

WBA/WBO flyweight champion Juan Francisco Estrada (25-2, 18KOs) will make a voluntary defense of his titles on a date in March or April. After that defense, Estrada will face his mandatory challenger, fellow countryman Giovani Segura. Estrada had a banner year in 2013, with a huge victory over Brian Viloria to capture the WBA/WBO titles and then a twelve round decision over previously undefeated Milan Melindo a few months later.

[Click Here To Read More]

It's about ****ing time. I don't know what his team is doing but it's s shame to see such a good young fighter only figh twice in a year. I hope they keep him a little busier this year.

Comment

Estrada vs Segura is going to be a war.

Comment

This is going to be an intriguing fight. Gonzalez was able to push Estrada back to the ropes in their fight a lot and his pressure isn't as relentless as Segura's IMO. Though his style is more technical and he has a better defense.....

Comment

Winner of JF-Estrada-Segura should fight Ramon Gonzalez.

Comment

Estrada/Segura would be an excellent showdown. Segura is a good pressure fighter and will keep Estrada working. I think Estrada should come out on top though. He has many facets to his game. He can fight at long range or in close. He can fight off the back foot or coming forward. Flyweight has a lot of good names right now. Hopefully, they can have some type of tournament to decide who's best.

Estrada
            Gonzalez
            Segura
            Marquez
            Viloria
            Melindo
            Yaegashi
            Reveco

This is one of my favorite divisions. It's loaded with talented fighters with different styles.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              Estrada vs Segura is going to be a war.
              I agree..Can't wait..

Comment

Estrada is going to whoop dat ass and Segura will finally be open to fighting Roman

Comment

Originally posted by Public_Enemy View Post
                  Estrada/Segura would be an excellent showdown. Segura is a good pressure fighter and will keep Estrada working. I think Estrada should come out on top though. He has many facets to his game. He can fight at long range or in close. He can fight off the back foot or coming forward. Flyweight has a lot of good names right now. Hopefully, they can have some type of tournament to decide who's best.

Estrada
                  Gonzalez
                  Segura
                  Marquez
                  Viloria
                  Melindo
                  Yaegashi
                  Reveco

This is one of my favorite divisions. It's loaded with talented fighters with different styles.
                  A tourney would be great if it were to happen although its unlikely IMO. But the good news is many of good fights can still be made at 112. Yaegashi turned down Gonzalez already but I'm pretty sure he turned it down to line up a rematch with Ioka. I think in all likelihood Estrada will rematch Gonzalez maybe Viloria after his defense with Segura, which I think he'll win. Either way the flyweight division is on fire right now and ultimately the fans get some great fights.

Comment

Working...
                  X