No announcement yet.

Khan has found his level

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov
    I've always said he will always shine against plodders and defensive midgets.

I'm not sure its a coincidence Khan has fought 3 guys his own size and lost every time.

You put him in with your McCloskeys, Malignaggi's of the world, he will look a million dollars.

People are just blinded by his handspeed. I'm not sure why he is still held in high regard, people/British media should focus their attention to a real fighter like Carl Froch.
    Froch loses to guys that are good in Kessler and Ward. Vs small guys like Taylor who was a 160'er, Abraham etc he looks good or wins. He has to face old guys like Johnson to look impressive or chinny guys like Bute.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov

I'm not sure its a coincidence Khan has fought 3 guys his own size and lost every time.

You put him in with your McCloskeys, Malignaggi's of the world, he will look a million dollars.

People are just blinded by his handspeed. I'm not sure why he is still held in high regard, people/British media should focus their attention to a real fighter like Carl Froch.
      Froch loses to guys that are good in Kessler and Ward. Vs small guys like Taylor who was a 160'er, Abraham etc he looks good or wins. He has to face old guys like Johnson to look impressive or chinny guys like Bute.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post

Khan looked amazing last night. As you said, he's one of those guys who'll look like a superstar versus certain types of fighters. That's partly why Amir's developed a following. But I have a feeling Khan will never live up to his promise. A new trainer and some small changes might give his fans hope, but I think Amir will always fall just short when really challenged.

Comment

I agree. I thought Khan fought a good poised fight against an overmatched opponent. His hand speed is definitely impressive, but he still throws those pitty pat kind of punches like an amateur. Also, although he was calmer, he still fights too frantic for my tastes. That's why he gets knocked out. He doesn't pace himself well. He throws five punches when he should throw three and leaves himself wide open. Like a good power puncher, he's in love with his ability and probably believes his hand speed is the end all be all. If he can refine his technique and be a bit more methodical with his approach, he could climb back up and beat some top guys. But as of now, he gets knocked out again by anyone with heavy hands and good boxing skills. Matthysse comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
            This right here. Same thing with Berto..
            Berto is just terrible but yeah kinda sorta like Berto...

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
              FFS, what were you expecting to see?

He's had ONE training camp with Hunter; he's not going to change overnight.
              Molna was a 5ft4 non punching lightweight. That fight was supoosed to be a confidence booster.

Comment

Originally posted by NoLove View Post
                I know Khan is saying he has shown massive improvment etc but I didnt see anything new. He looked exceptional at this level though.

Molina was a lightweight, who wasnt even a puncher at that. Against these types of guys Khan will look amazing and dominate. Like he did against Malignaggi.
                I am the level of a giant khans a level of a munchkin

Comment

i suggest he takes a few easy fights to ensure hunters advice becomes naturally embedded into his instinct instead of it being forced.

only that way will khan improve and we'll see a new fighter.

it takes more than 8 weeks to improve 7 years worth of frailties.

have 3/4 easier fights over the next 18 months, then give the big boys another go.

if he steps into the ring with a top fighter too soon it'll be lights out.

Comment

Originally posted by Basco View Post
                    Remember this was supposed to be a confidence booster, they matced him well so he looked pretty good but didn't show anything new IMO! We will have to see when he fights top guys again.
                    yup...khan didn't show anything new. maybe he looked slightly faster, but other than that he was still being reckless as usual and getting caught with clean punches...matching him up with garcia next would be a horrible move.

Comment

both khan and garcia will have fought judah but not matthysse

boxing!

Comment

Working...
                      X