No announcement yet.

Here's how the matchups for the rest of the year will look like

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's how the matchups for the rest of the year will look like

Let's start off with the fights already set.
    • Cloud vs Pascal Aug 11
    • Ward vs Dawson Sept 8
    • Alexander vs Bailey Sept 8
    • Alvarez vs Lopez Sept 15
    • Martinez vs Chavez Sept 15
    • Donaire vs Arce Oct 20

Now here is how the rest of the year will play out:
    • Malignaggi vs Berto on October 20

Malignaggi is headlining the opening of the new Brooklyn Nets stadium. It was most likely gonna be against Alexander or Berto, and since Devon is fightin Bailey it seems this fight is the only option at this point. I expect Berto to get cleared by the commission soon and this fight to be announced

• Pacquiao vs Marquez IV on Nov 10.

This is obvious. Arum clearly prefers it, Pac prefers it, and the fans prefer it. Much bigger money fight than Pac Bradley

• Cotto vs Bradley on December 1 at MSG.

Mark my words this fight will happen guarantee it. Here is why. Both are Top Rank fighters. Bradley has openly stated he wants the fight. In fact, here's an article way back in 2010 saying Bradley wanted that fight even when he was fighting at 140.

http://www.boxingscene.com/bradley-w...tto-154--28530

It would be a perfect fight for Cotto as well. It would be a very winnable fight for him against a top P4P opponent that would reestablish himself as an elite fighter. Makes perfect sense for both fighters and Top Rank.

• Khan vs Garcia rematch in December

This fight will definitely happen. Despite team Garcia saying no, they are obviously just trying to negotiate for a bigger split in the rematch

• Mayweather vs Guerrero in December

Team Mayweather has stated he will return in December. If Guerrero wins his WW title fight next week, I see this fight happening. I just don't see any way Floyd spends 3 months in jail and then would fight an elite opponent less than 4 months later. Just too much of a risk and Floyd is too smart for that. It would be a Marquez type fight to shake off his jail time

what do you guys think. and any predictions on those fights?

I stopped reading when you said Cotto was a Top Rank fighter.

Comment

Mayweather isn't fighting Guerrero. Khan will likely get a rematch with garcia. Cotto isn't Arum's puppet anymore and no way he fights Bradley. Why would he? Pac will fight Bradley or Marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by Primera View Post
        well he doesn't have a contract with them but is still promoted by Top Rank on a fight by fight basis. stop nitpicking

Comment

Originally posted by Primera View Post
          http://www.toprank.com/fighters/miguel-cotto

looks like a Top Rank fighter to me lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dunkeroo23 View Post
            well he doesn't have a contract with them but is still promoted by Top Rank on a fight by fight basis. stop nitpicking
            Not his last fight. Stop lying.

Comment

Working...
            X