No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Tua's Money Tussle Settles as King Gets Paid

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: David Tua's Money Tussle Settles as King Gets Paid

NEW YORK – Heavyweight Demetrice King has been paid in full, by Gotham Boxing president Cedric Kushner, for his March 19th fight in New Zealand against David Tua. This was confirmed over the phone by King from his home in Jackson, Michigan.

[Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    NEW YORK – Heavyweight Demetrice King has been paid in full, by Gotham Boxing president Cedric Kushner, for his March 19th fight in New Zealand against David Tua. This was confirmed over the phone by King from his home in Jackson, Michigan.

It sounds like Tuigamala pulled a swifty

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post

his was all published by Kushnir in the same form several weeks ago when the matger first came to public attention.And the way it ended was exactly as i predicted. AND, as I have ALWAYS said, kushnir is one of the few GOOD promoters, and a perfect gentleman, expecially in money matters and other things appertaining to his reputation.

I stuill recall the long documentary done on Kushnir in which he described bringing Rahman to the title by KOing Lewis, and how, when, very shortly after, to contract was to be renewed on VERY favourable terms for Rahman, Kushnir was left waiting ALL night in his hotel room, whilst Don King STOLE the STUPID, ignorant Rahman away with an actual suitcase of money spread across Rahman's bed.

When Rahman met Lewis in the return, just a few months later he was knocked twitching in the 4th rd. losing all previous 3 as well. I've always felt it "served him right" and have never liked him nor followed him since that time.

Kushnir in those days, must have weighed about 350 lbs, and the documentary showed him and his interviewer ambling around the park whilst the story was being tolb. he was like a teddy bear. The forst time I saw him AFTER his enormous weight loss-more than half his body weight, probably 2/3rds, I didn't recognise the guy.

But he is still the same Cedric Kushner, one of the very, very few honourable promoters.

In fact I can't think of another who matches him.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
        his was all published by Kushnir in the same form several weeks ago when the matger first came to public attention.And the way it ended was exactly as i predicted. AND, as I have ALWAYS said, kushnir is one of the few GOOD promoters, and a perfect gentleman, expecially in money matters and other things appertaining to his reputation.

I stuill recall the long documentary done on Kushnir in which he described bringing Rahman to the title by KOing Lewis, and how, when, very shortly after, to contract was to be renewed on VERY favourable terms for Rahman, Kushnir was left waiting ALL night in his hotel room, whilst Don King STOLE the STUPID, ignorant Rahman away with an actual suitcase of money spread across Rahman's bed.

When Rahman met Lewis in the return, just a few months later he was knocked twitching in the 4th rd. losing all previous 3 as well. I've always felt it "served him right" and have never liked him nor followed him since that time.

Kushnir in those days, must have weighed about 350 lbs, and the documentary showed him and his interviewer ambling around the park whilst the story was being tolb. he was like a teddy bear. The forst time I saw him AFTER his enormous weight loss-more than half his body weight, probably 2/3rds, I didn't recognise the guy.

But he is still the same Cedric Kushner, one of the very, very few honourable promoters.

As far as I recall, and I could be a little wrong, Kushnir's new signing bonus was to be millions, and Don King's case of money was about $500,000.

I'll also never forget, that immediately after the first Lewis fight, Rahman was so happy that he was gushing all over the screen that now, no matter what, he had a secure place in history.....etc and he owed it all to Kushnir......... Can't recall if the last bit was actually stated or just implied.

Comment

Yep, I agree. Right from the outset it sounded like Inga was playing games.

How fkn cheap is that guy ?

Tua has never had decent people around him, Kevin Barry was the only one who really cared about him, and Tua burnt Barry with Pugh because of his own business ignorance.

Comment

Originally posted by LeadUppercut View Post
            Yep, I agree. Right from the outset it sounded like Inga was playing games.

How fkn cheap is that guy ?

Tua has never had decent people around him, Kevin Barry was the only one who really cared about him, and Tua burnt Barry with Pugh because of his own business ignorance.
            Now there's a good example of a waste of what could have been maybe a title career.

Well, boxing guys generally are really not very smart, except in boxing, that's what they have managers , publicists and traianers etc.

What they REALLY need, they don't have, and that is genuine FINANCIAL ADVISORS.

I was also disappointed to hear that King had to go all theway to new Zealand to earln a paltry $10,000 which of course much of which he'd have to split with his own guys. He didn't get much out of it. But I hear that this was Tua's last fight on a long term contract for which he would get $100,000. max.

I think that Tua doesn't have the "go" in him any more, and is just trying to cash in on long-past glories. He must be pushing 40, maybe around 38 or so. And at that age, a guy of his weight and build just can't move quickly like he used to be able to when in his 20's. and fit.

Comment

Now there's a good example of a waste of what could have been maybe a title career.

Well, boxing guys generally are really not very smart, except in boxing, that's what they have managers , publicists and traianers etc.

What they REALLY need, they don't have, and that is genuine FINANCIAL ADVISORS.

I was also disappointed to hear that King had to go all theway to new Zealand to earln a paltry $10,000 which of course much of which he'd have to split with his own guys. He didn't get much out of it. But I hear that this was Tua's last fight on a long term contract for which he would get $100,000. max.

I think that Tua doesn't have the "go" in him any more, and is just trying to cash in on long-past glories. He must be pushing 40, maybe around 38 or so. And at that age, a guy of his weight and build just can't move quickly like he used to be able to when in his 20's. and fit.
              Good point man, that is definitely the problem alright.

Also, he owes $2mil to the NZ IRD (IRS)..... he could retire in debt.

That is what makes me laugh about the current Mayweather - IRS thread.

The debt that Tua owes the IRD, was MORE than $2mil.

$2mil is just the agreed settlement amount.

It is common-knowledge that tax debts are often negotiated down, and on rare occasions, even sometimes written-off.

Comment

Working...
              X