No announcement yet.

your a trainer..?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• your a trainer..?

this question is to get some knowledge from those of you out there who train mma.say your a mma trainer (some of you may actually be) what daily training routine would you prescribe to a student of the following fitness levels to get them in shape and on the track to full time fighting?
    1. beginner (just walked in)
    2. intermediate (good shape but still needs lots of work)
    3. advanced (almost ready for full time fighting)

that all depends on the persons strength and there personal style

Comment

uhh let me think for say its like submission wrestling and kickboxing

Comment

Stormtrooper, A lot depends on what weight you plan on fighting at. I would suggest working on your cardio before anything. Weight training will help but too much muscle can hurt you.

Jogging/running....Jump rope....swimming....stretching (as in working your legs to get them to bend more,spread your legs out and stretch them as far as you can)
        exercises that work all the joints like your knees.

As a beginner or really at any level, cardio and getting your body ready to handle the type of work you're about to start doing is the key. You'll have to decide what you can fit in to your day as time allows.

There is a thread in the stand up forum on a beginner boxing workout that may
        help.

http://www.globalmma.net/community/s...&threadid=5264

Also you can check guys like Chris Chaos's training journal and pick up some stuff from them. Ask questions in the journals if you have any and they usually will be glad to answer.

After cardio and technique you'll have to sit down and figure out what your weaknesses are and work on them. In my opinion, working your brain, technique and cardio are the most important thing in fighting. Guys like Jeremy Horn and Matt Lindland are good examples of that.
        I don't know if anyone can make you a daily workout without knowing anything about you. So I would just start with the cardio and training, then work on any problem areas and then strength training.

Comment

hey Curly

thanks for the feedback bro. ive posted this same question on titoortiz.com and mma.tv and this is the most feedback so far. you got my props
          what kinda cardio routine would you suggest i mean like a day of cardio training would start and end how? how would you recommend a way to go from morning till evening. (ofcourse not entire cardio all day but what routine do u like ?

Comment

man you gotta rest.

i was doin 5-8 hours of training a day I had good results but got sick easily and hurt more cause my body was so worn out.

Comment

yea i know that i was just wanting an example of what type of cardio i should do like ie... 6am-8am , 12-2pm, and finaly 4-6pm
              im gonna try my best to be a cardio machine like (tito) that man is a cardio machine ive been trying to find out his routine but no luck so far. at least without buying his tapes

Comment

he trains is high altitude for at least a month before his fight so when he comes to fight the air pressure is more and he gets better air tahts his secret

Comment

It kind of depends on your area and what you have available to use. Swimming is excellent to build cardio and muscle. Good ol fashion running is great too. I mean the more you do the better but you can burn yourself out and be prone to injury if you go too much. I don't know what kind of shape you're in but I would run or jog in the morning. Just go as far as you can and then build from there. Then do some swimming one day then jump rope the next. Then maybe some shadow boxing at night. This is what I do when time permits. I work and have 2 kids so sometimes I miss a workout.
                  Jog in the morning...about an hour or so.
                  every other day I do 3 ten minute all out bursts on the exercise bike
                  then the next day I have a stair climbing machine I use for about an hour while I watch TV.
                  I also alternate shadow boxing and jumping rope at night.

check out this guys web site. He has some great info on it

http://www.veloforce.net/

I can't really set times and workouts for you. You'll have to do that on how your body feels and what time you have available.

Comment

thats kick a** thanks for the info (not that i can afford to go up north to train lol) but noone else has gave me that info yet. do u know of any of his cardio activities or do u have any good one's? i want to have great cardio but i dont wanna be one of those bikers,runners, etc i wanna implement that into mma.

Comment

Working...
                    X