Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

for me Ring magazine lost its credibility.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by techliam View Post
    Yea, the RING belt means **** now.

These are pretty decent rankings, check them out: http://www.tbrb.org/

Theres no P4P rankings, but we all know they don't mean anything anyway. At least divisional rankings have some objectivity to them.
    Bump for TBRB. Only official unbiased and legitimate ranking system currently in place.

Comment

Broner and Guerrero are very good fighters but I think it's early to put them in the top ten pound for pound fighters in the world. There are lots of good proven fighters in the world and at least 10 of them rate higher than these two at this time but Oscar promotes both of them and he owns the ring. That is a big conflict of interest.

Comment

Originally posted by maduming11 View Post
        ..for me ring magazine lost its credibility by putting broner in p4p list and by putting marquez as Fighter of the year .. common guysss marquez just beat pacquaio and he becomes a fighter of the year . they forgot that bradley also beat pacquaio ..
        bradley lost to be fair, marquez chinned the top p4p fighter of the last few years in style. i can see why he got it. im not sure if i agree with broner being top ten p4p but he is a very good fighter, even if he does copy floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
          Why is POOCHIAO still top 10 and he hasnt won a fight since 2011?

Guy is a bum now
          poochiao? awww look at you copying floyd, how nice.

Comment

So called "boxing experts" from around the world vote for the P4P rankings, they don't just choose them.

Comment

i don't know why anyone would be upset at Marquez receiving the FOTY honour. he had only one standout win all year, but what a win. with his nose a red smear, under ferocious pressure in what had become a blazing war, he knocked a top 50 ATG cold, an ATG whom he had been chasing a victory over for nigh on a decade. that is huge. spectacular.

Comment

Originally posted by maduming11 View Post
                ..for me ring magazine lost its credibility by putting broner in p4p list and by putting marquez as Fighter of the year .. common guysss marquez just beat pacquaio and he becomes a fighter of the year . they forgot that bradley also beat pacquaio ..
                For me that happened when Oscar bought it.

However, JMM's brutal KO of the Pacman is enough to get him the FoY designation.

Meh, even a broken clock is right twice a day...

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                  So called "boxing experts" from around the world vote for the P4P rankings, they don't just choose them.
                  Incorrect.......

Comment

just a consolation prize for Marquez. i dont agree he is the FOTY by any stretch though, KO of the Year, Fight of the Year, year

you've got to reward guys like Donaire who fight 4 times a year and remain active while also advocating being a clean athlete

Comment

Working...
                    X