Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Golden Boy Loosing The Cold War To Top Rank? : Swiss Bankers Turned Promotors

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Golden Boy Loosing The Cold War To Top Rank? : Swiss Bankers Turned Promotors

First before someone comes out with a Mayweather quote "Goldenboy is doing on hell of a job!" comment without knowing the facts: First Ortiz was always known to be Goldenboy's Goldenboy. He then quit like a dog to Maidana and he was no longer getting the limelight which had shifted massively towards Khan and Alvarez, Khan has beaten Victor Ortiz in the amatuers in a whole series of bouts and even stopped Ortiz, Yet Ortiz was always able to get "big names" to fight, Ortiz was rebuild using Nate Campbell who was clearly shot to bits and a shot Vivian Harris, He beats them gets a world title shot against Berto beats Berto and then gets Mayweather.

Who does Khan get despite being a world champion with several defences and on the verge of unifying the division? Paul "Irish" McCloskey!!! What a joke of a fight that was and it was poor match making, Instead of going on to bigger and better things post Maidana GBP took a few steps back by picking some unknown eurobum, Richard Schaefer probably watched the film "the fighter" and because it had "Irish" Micky Ward probably made the moronic link to Paul McCloskey. Thats what happens when Swiss Bankers turned promotors get involved in boxing, you get bad fights, poor ppv, and people that cant promote a bucket of water in a house fire.

Richard Schaefer seems to think the boxing world is like his home country of Switzerland : Cuckoo clocks, Chocolate, Cheese, Banks and expensive watches! Oscar is just the public face of GBP he doesnt actually make any of the decisions, Richard Schaefer makes the decisions, GBP matchmakers arent very smart either, Eric Gomez and Robert Diaz really think they are smarter than they actually are, It takes two GBP matchmakers to do a half-a55ed job that Top Rank Pays one person incharge to do.

I really do like GBP but I do feel are loosing, Oscar doesnt box anymore, Mayweather fights once ever 1 year and a half and then goes on "vacation" a euphemism for "I want to duck Pacquaio", Hopkins is thinking about leaving, Mosley has already left but thats a good thing for GBP. The young stars and prospects are being horrifically promoted.

So Who is winning the promotional cold war? GBP or Top Rank? I see people like Gary Shaw, Don King, Dibella, Goossen as mosquitos on the back of an elephant, The biggest two are GBP and Top Rank.
    Goldenboy
    100.00%
    Top Rank
    0.00%

The khan v mccloskey fight was all down to team khan they wanted to do the chunk of the work back home here in the UK so that's not goldenboy's fault.

I personally believe GBP is better then TR. They have a better stable of fighters, take manny pac out and who are you left with? Cotto, rios, marg? Were as GBP have been carrying on without floyd they got bhop, khan, ortiz, maidana, Lucas, canelo, Guerrero etc etc.

Comment

Working...
    X