Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who you got? (Ward v best LHW in the world at 175)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
    Didn't give one.

N who gives a fcuk. This is a stupid ass thread.
    primarily because of your horrible posts.

bounce, you have no knowledge to share in here or discuss. your argument was because he got hurt in the first vs could he can't comppete with ward at 175 and cleverly would beat him. lol. brilliant

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      imo, ward would absolutely kill campillo on the cards.. he's largely inactive, and he did have issues with cloud, even if he was able to dominate him for much of the fight. twice in round one, cloud put him down. i have not seen the fight in a while, and campillo should have won, but you've got to figure ward wouldn't taste the canvas twice.

ward would do the very same to cloud, but campillo was able to do some great work that ward couldn't do, given his height.
      i wouldn't say that campillo is largely inactive. he throws combos and was able to back cloud up. he also fought well going backwards.

now, to be fair, cloud hadn't fought a lot of lefties and was prepping for zsolt but cloud really got clowned. I watched the fight again this AM and I'm convinced that campillo is much more versatile than anyone ward fought except dawson, maybe, but dawson gave up in that fight. campillo wont give up.

campillo murks pascal btw.

not sure what you mean about ward not gonna hit the canvass. i know that. but ward is a slow starter and campillo got caught cold by cloud. he wasn't close to going down the rest of the fight

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
        i wouldn't say that campillo is largely inactive. he throws combos and was able to back cloud up. he also fought well going backwards.

now, to be fair, cloud hadn't fought a lot of lefties and was prepping for zsolt but cloud really got clowned. I watched the fight again this AM and I'm convinced that campillo is much more versatile than anyone ward fought except dawson, maybe, but dawson gave up in that fight. campillo wont give up.

campillo murks pascal btw.

not sure what you mean about ward not gonna hit the canvass. i know that. but ward is a slow starter and campillo got caught cold by cloud. he wasn't close to going down the rest of the fight

oh, he throws enough. and he's so big that they're going to hurt. i meant his career. he hasn't fought since early february, i believe. he's got a fight scheduled now, though. if he jumped right in to a fight with andre ward he would have a rough go dealing with the sharpness

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
          Sure, I can look at two guys fight and know based on the style who I think would win.

Don't see what's so complicated about that.

But you creating this dumb ass thread about Campillo being a tougher fight for Ward than Kessler, Froch, Abraham, ect was is down right silly and borderline delusional.

Maybe you wanted some attention today and figured by creating this silly thread that'll do the trick
          no its to discuss.

why delusional? campillo arguably has never lost a title fight and has a completely different style than all of those guys, much more diverse and ring smart. i know you don't know shi t about campillo. just dont post then because nothing in this thread compares in delusion than your nathan cleverly comments.

and you're clearly missing out on the AT 175 thing.

at 175 campillo is a WAAAAY tougher fight than Abe at 168 for a smw

Comment

oh, he throws enough. and he's so big that they're going to hurt. i meant his career. he hasn't fought since early february, i believe. he's got a fight scheduled now, though. if he jumped right in to a fight with andre ward he would have a rough go dealing with the sharpness
            ward's so much faster than cloud and cloud was able to get good body work in vs campillo.

light speed was right about campillo'sd, but you have to consider that campillo can fight on the inside. ward might not be able to bull him around the ring at 175 like he did dawson

Comment

who the fuk said it did? I was making a clear distinction between the two, follow the thread brother.

You dont NEED power to beat ward. you do need strength. campillos is strong but not a power puncher.
              Let me ask then, how do you know what one does and doesn't need to beat Ward if he's never been beaten?

I mean hey ... you're entitled to your little theories like everyone else, but what you're saying is overstating the obvious. You don't need any one attribute aside from stamina and two fists to be successful in the science.

George Foreman had no speed but had tremendous power. And he was dominant.

Roy Jones didn't have a great chin. And he was dominant.

Joe Calzaghe had no power. And he was dominant albeit only once his major opposition in the USA aged passed prime.

Its never been about the attributes. Its always been about the man who can get the attributes to work for him.

Case in point: Juan Manuel Marquez.

In three fights, Pacquiao has not decisively beaten him despite all of Manny's speed.

Floyd Mayweather is just as fast as Pacquiao, but uses his speed in a different fashion. He thoroughly outboxed Marquez and left no doubt that a rematch was unnecessary because it would play out the same way.

Its the styles that make fights, not the strength or power or speed.

Just sayin' in case the idea that being strong was enough quickly got old.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
                Let me ask then, how do you know what one does and doesn't need to beat Ward if he's never been beaten?

I mean hey ... you're entitled to your little theories like everyone else, but what you're saying is overstating the obvious. You don't need any one attribute aside from stamina and two fists to be successful in the science.

George Foreman had no speed but had tremendous power. And he was dominant.

Roy Jones didn't have a great chin. And he was dominant.

Joe Calzaghe had no power. And he was dominant albeit only once his major opposition in the USA aged passed prime.

Its never been about the attributes. Its always been about the man who can get the attributes to work for him.

Case in point: Juan Manuel Marquez.

In three fights, Pacquiao has not decisively beaten him despite all of Manny's speed.

Floyd Mayweather is just as fast as Pacquiao, but uses his speed in a different fashion. He thoroughly outboxed Marquez and left no doubt that a rematch was unnecessary because it would play out the same way.

Its the styles that make fights, not the strength or power or speed.

Just sayin' in case the idea that being strong was enough quickly got old.
                I was replying to a post that said campillo wouldnt do shi t against ward cuz he has no power.

What i was sayingis that one could compete with ward without power, but one couldnt without being strong.

Comment

I was replying to a post that said campillo wouldnt do shi t against ward cuz he has no power.

What i was sayingis that one could compete with ward without power, but one couldnt without being strong.
                  campillo would have a hard time winning rounds against andre ward.

campillo is a good boxer, but ward is one of the planet's very best. there's a huge gap in class.

when there's that much of a gap in class i ususally look to the physical attributes to win the fight for the lesser fighter.

chin, stamina, punching power, are the three big ones. if you're the lesser boxer, your best bet is to tire a man out, take his shots when you need to, and then hurt him and stop him. campillo is a bad style for doing that. if he can't outbox ward going away he will lose. who really thinks he can do that?
                  Last edited by New England; 12-08-2012, 10:40 AM.

Comment

campillo would have a hard time winning rounds against andre ward.

campillo is a good boxer, but ward is one of the planet's very best. there's a huge gap in class.
                    This is what I'm trying to tell this guy.

Let's play devil's advocate and say Campillo actually beat Cloud, Shumenov and Murat.

That has absolutely schit to do with giving Andre Ward the toughest fight of his life even if it is at 175 because Ward is light years ahead of the guys named.

The guys Ward has already beaten had better resumes than Campillo and that's even if we give Campillo the wins that he lost on record.

Campillo has a Sergio Martinez type of style. Which isn't a good matchup style against someone like Ward. Campillo can't compete with Ward in the pocket and Ward's left hook and right cross would land on Campillo when he wants.

Not to mention Ward will kill his body. Campillo doesn't have the power to make Ward fight honest and think about coming in. He just doesn't. He would barely even hit Ward throughout the fight.

Horrible fantasy matchup.

Comment

It really wouldn't be that close. Just cause Campillo should have had his hand raised against Tavoris Cloud does not make him the best 175 pound fighter. In my eyes Ward already beat one of the two top 175lbs. fighters in Chad Dawson, and I don't imagine he'd have any trouble in dispatching the other, Jean Pascal, who Froch was able to beat.

Comment

Working...
                      X