No announcement yet.

Marcos Maidana calls out Paulie Malignaggi via Twitter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marcos Maidana calls out Paulie Malignaggi via Twitter

Marcos Maidana took to Twitter to congratulate Paulie Malignaggi's split decision victory over Cano over the weekend, but also called him out for his WBA welterweight strap.

Full Article Link
    http://www.badlefthook.com/2012/10/2...le-boxing-news

Interesting fight, but IMO I think Maidana wins this fight. I don't think it's going to be easy (Maidana struggles with boxers, e.g. Devon Alexander) but I think he's too strong for Malignaggi and won't be able to handle his power. Cano gave him trouble and I think it's fair to say that Maidana punches much harder than him. I say late round stoppage win for Maidana if this fight goes down. Polling it to see what you guys think.
    Paulie Malignaggi
    25.00%
    Marcos Maidana
    75.00%

not a surprise. paulie didn't look too hot. I had Cano winning by 2pt. And Morales (an out of shape Morales) systematically outboxed Cano. Maybe this triangle analogy is a stretch but paulie didn't look good at all.

Comment

Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
      not a surprise. paulie didn't look too hot. I had Cano winning by 2pt. And Morales (an out of shape Morales) systematically outboxed Cano. Maybe this triangle analogy is a stretch but paulie didn't look good at all.
      Yeah it dont look good for paulie at all considering all of the advantages he has over shot morales, youth, speed, natural higher weight and morales dont have any pop either at 140+.

Comment

Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
        I had Cano winning by a 1pt. Good point about Morales. But Maidana looked pretty bad against Devon Alexander...I still think he could pull off the win, but I see him struggling with Paulie's jab and his lateral movement.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
          Yeah it dont look good for paulie at all considering all of the advantages he has over shot morales, youth, speed, natural higher weight and morales dont have any pop either at 140+.
          all paulie did all night was the same jab. nothing else. i guess cano is not a very power puncher cuz he landed plenty in the body.

Comment

Originally posted by 1moreround View Post
            I had Cano winning by a 1pt. Good point about Morales. But Maidana looked pretty bad against Devon Alexander...I still think he could pull off the win, but I see him struggling with Paulie's jab and his lateral movement.
            Maidana doesn't look good at 147 at all. You might be right.

BTW, Devon knowx how to hold. Anytime it's close he holds. But not like Khan. With Khan, it's holding the head down. lol.

Comment

I think Maidana just can't deal with southpaws and that's why he struggled with Alexander. I don't expect Maidana to have the same problem with Malignaggi. Malignaggi is pretty much a one handed fighter and you are gonna need to be two handed to keep Maidana off you for 12 rounds. He will struggle with any good pressure fighters because of this. Maidana by UD and I like Paulie.
              Last edited by Rapid Counter; 10-22-2012, 05:34 AM.

Comment

Make it happen, why not?

Comment

i no one thing if maidana hits malignaggi the way cano hit him he aint getting back up

Comment

I think Malignaggi is bordering shot. Even though he never had power, he at least was able to throw fast/decent combinations and had good footwork. He can't even do that anymore.

Maidana knocks him out.

Comment

Working...
                    X