No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev's Manager Reacts To Stevenson's Verbal Bombs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kovalev's Manager Reacts To Stevenson's Verbal Bombs

Reigning WBC Light Heavyweight champion Adonis Stevenson recently made headlines when it was announced he had signed with boxing’s most influential advisor Al Haymon. Over the weekend however, he also made another headline as he lashed out at WBO champion Sergey Kovalev as he responded to an earlier BoxingScene article where Kovalev said Stevenson would be a coward if he didn’t fight him next.

[Click Here To Read More]

Talk is cheap.
    Lets get the bloody fight on. I sincerely hope HBO sticks to it's guns and does not offer Stevenson any more bum fights until he gets in the ring with Kavalev.

Comment

Looks like the obstacles for making this fight is mounting. First you have Stevenson saying that he wants the big money and now there's a possble network twist.

It will be so so sad if Stevenson vs Kovalev isn't on in the fall.

Comment

signing with al haymon was the easiest way for "superman" to duck kovalev

Comment

kovalev destroys this pedophile pimp trashbag

Comment

Inb4 it's Kovalevs fault if this fight doesn't happen

Comment

Stevenson

Typical foul mouthed ghetto punk. Sergio takes him out in 6. America is home of ghetto trash as role models.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshik View Post
                Typical foul mouthed ghetto punk. Sergio takes him out in 6. America is home of ghetto trash as role models.
                Huh? Adonis isn't even American, dude

Comment

As I wrote on an earlier thread about this subject, and Klimas agrees, if Stevenson does not want to fight, Kovalev will continue to make fights with others in the division. Yes, fights with others can and will be made. Eventually these sanctioning clubs will have to accept Kovalev as the #1 contender. And, eventually, it may take a while, Stevenson will be forced to either fight Kovalev as his mandatory or vacate and, I guess, retire.

If Stevenson never fights Kovalev so what? Does it really matter? If the fight never happens Stevenson very likely would have lost anyway because he would have been beaten psychologically before the fight ever began. It is a common rule that champions are supposed to take on all comers, and when they won't, well, why should we regard them as champions at all?

A champion, if he truly is one, should say: "I will fight all of you. Just give me the time. I cannot fight all of you in one month". Wladimir Klitschko has done this. Who has he not fought or is not willing to fight? Who? Kovalev appears to be the same type of man as he has stated he truly wants to fight everyone and anyone without condition. Like it or not, Adonis Stevenson has not made the same unconditional claim.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshik View Post
                    He dickhead before you start running your dumb ass mouth know what the **** you are taking about dick head He is not from America you ****ing idiot

Comment

Working...
                    X