No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao-Marquez: Three Fights Later, Still No Closure

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Pacquiao-Marquez: Three Fights Later, Still No Closure

By Jake Donovan - They promised that this one would prove to be the one to close out the series once and for all, that for the first time in their three meetings we would finally experience a definitive outcome.

After 36 rounds together, the only thing that Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez have proven is that they know how to stir up debate.

For the first time since his last showdown with Marquez, pound-for-pound king Pacquiao was made to look human in taking a highly disputed majority decision in their 12 round main event Saturday evening at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Pacquiao weighed in at 143 lb, one pound under the contracted catchweight of 144 lb despite his alphabet welterweight belt at stake. Marquez was slightly lighter at 142, but slightly heavier in actual ring weight once the fight began.

Over the course of the entire 12 rounds, the third leg of their much-talked about trilogy didn’t live up to its predecessors, though don’t tell that to anyone among the sold out crowd of 16,836 on hand. Whenever either fighter threw a punch, the crowd erupted into a frenzy. [Click Here To Read More]

it's closure he bust his ass again... **** poochie owww

Comment

No closure and just made things even worse. Ariza and Roach will take it as a proud W though..

Comment

The Manila Paper: Marquez cheated. And robbed. Thisis coming from the Philippines. Poor Marquez. Next it willbe at a catchweight at 150.

Comment

No closure my arse. 38 yr beating 32 yr. Come on. Jake Donovan you blind.

Comment

to a 38 yr old blown up lightweight DISGUSTING!!!

Comment

I don't want to see Pacquiao vs Mayweather any more. Manny is clearly past his prime. Its been a good run for him, but he is clearly sliding.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtli. View Post
                to a 38 yr old blown up lightweight DISGUSTING!!!
                What kind of BS headline is this? Still No Closure. This is written by a "journalist"?

Comment

I wonder if Marquez and Pacquiao fight for 100 times. I think it will go 51-49 in favor of Pacquiao with Angels as judges for the fight.

I mean Marquez clearly demonstrated he belongs in Welterweight or Junior Welterweight. Heck he punch so hard that he backed Manny Pacquiao several times and some of those uppercuts and straights can knockout average or below average fighters.

Marquez should campaign at the Junior Welterweight at least get that 4th title now.

Comment

ChrisMannixSI Chris Mannix
                    Pacquiao needed a total of 28 stitches to close the cuts on his face

Comment

Working...
                    X