Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto-Mayweather CombuBox Stats EXPOSED (By Precisepuncher)! (must see)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Exciterx30 View Post
    That's true. I think it's not even up for debate. If someone read those stats from last week without watching the fight, he might think that Guerrero gave Mayweather the fight of his life.

iv'e said this on here a trillion times, compubox CAN be a useful indicator of how a fight played out, other times it's just downright deceiving on a rds system.

Why?

1. It doesn't account for the accuracy and power of shots.

2. It is used for total punches for the whole fight. A guy might have two good rounds where he lands 30 shots in each, but still lose the other 10 rds where the other guy lands 15 shots to his 5. It's a better tool if they used it to show round by round numbers.

Comment

Wait, Compubox isn't perfect??? Mindphuked

Comment

Originally posted by BRITISH LlON View Post
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdJjSW2rH-Q
        Precisepuncher watched a round and counted the punches Cotto CLEARLY landed and then he shows the HBO compubox of that round which shows that Cotto didn't land a single punch in that round (Round 6).
        All credit goes to Precisepuncher (from youtube)

Must see.

PS: I made a typing mistake (Compubox, not "Combubox")
        Cotto clearly landed more than 8 punches in Round 6. Very flawed system. HBO are terribly biased towards there star man- whether it be Floyd or Manny. Good post. A change from the usual dribble posted. Keep up the good work

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawkiller View Post
          Cotto clearly landed more than 8 punches in Round 6. Very flawed system. HBO are terribly biased towards there star man- whether it be Floyd or Manny. Good post. A change from the usual dribble posted. Keep up the good work
          ya by the numbers i suppose but i honestly thought other then that they tried way to hard get people to hate floyd and other fighters because it was good for business. not just floyd either hbo was gettin more negative all the time there for awhile. i dont trust hbo for **** when comes to getting my info

Comment

compubox is just some guy with a button ...

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawkiller View Post
              I just posted this here cause I found it on youtube. Credit goes to the dude who made the vid.

Comment

there's one for Ortiz and Mayweather too. I was trying to get this point across on the Trout vs Canelo fight, again it was bias to the super star.

Comment

Originally posted by BRITISH LlON View Post
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdJjSW2rH-Q
                  Precisepuncher watched a round and counted the punches Cotto CLEARLY landed and then he shows the HBO compubox of that round which shows that Cotto didn't land a single punch in that round (Round 6).
                  I didn't make this video - all credit goes to Precisepuncher (from youtube)

Must see.

PS: I made a typing mistake (Compubox, not "Combubox")
                  excellent reminder... cotto lost that fight but was not outclassed... i don't care for compubox stats they should be compiled and compared independently post fight like the utube guy did.

Comment

the guy who created this should look at the last two pacquiao-marquez fights, i think it was #3, i remember telling myself there's no way pacquiao landed that many punches.

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
                      i agree with you re compubox, but don't get delusional. Even using a face test you could see Cotto got hit more. Floyd had a bloody nose, half of Cotto's face was marked up.
                      nobody is comparing floyd's punch stats to cotto's punch stats

they're comparing floyd's face from Cotto, to floyd's face from guerrero

Comment

Working...
                      X