Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez-Martinez in Play For September 15 in Las Vegas?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chavez-Martinez in Play For September 15 in Las Vegas?

According to Julio Cesar Chavez Sr., a potential fight between his son, WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (45-0-1, 31KOs), and mandatory challenger Sergio Martinez (48-2-2, 27KOs), is currently being explored and a fall date of September 15th has been placed on hold for the fight. The fight will take place in Las Vegas, says Chavez Sr.

[Click Here To Read More]

No way Julio is fighting in June then September, they really think people are stupid. If he fights in June he is guaranteed to get some kind of BS injury that won't allow him to fight. If this fight was seriously gonna happen there would be no BS June fight for Jr.

Comment

Hope nobody falls for this BS.

It's always the same thing with Arum fighters "Yes, the fight is going to happen, but we'll have just one more fight against someone else first..."

Chavez fighting Martinez in December is about as convincing as the "Pac-May wont happen now, but it will in November" nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Q View Post
        No way Julio is fighting in June then September, they really think people are stupid. If he fights in June he is guaranteed to get some kind of BS injury that won't allow him to fight. If this fight was seriously gonna happen there would be no BS June fight for Jr.

Yup \. feeling the same way about this article, SOMETHING is going to happen.

Comment

They leak this the night before Martinez' fight to screw with his head. There not gonna fight Serg.

Comment

JCC JR got no balls for this fight. gtfoh

Comment

Arum is brewing up something to derail this fight. Probably has the Martinez/Macklin judges paid off already. I just don't see JCC Jr ever stepping up to that beating.

Comment

Why do people even wanna see this fight?

Comment

Martinez is so much better than jCC Jr but Jr has been alarmingly big lately and if he can tank all Martinez's hits, he might be able to to do enough for Arum's judges to justify giving him rounds. I mean..it's not like he's gunna get tired even if he throws one million punches. <__<...I actually have a semi soft spot for JCC Jr but a guy at 180+ who had trouble making weight but somehow does not tire for 12 rounds..and not being drug tested...Chavez has a chance to steal a fight from Martinez if he can stay on his feet and bear hug him all night.

Comment

I think this is just a ploy set up by Sulaiman, Arum, Sr, and Jr. Something's gonna happen to stop the fight. And I think it's all planned out as we speak.

Comment

Working...
                    X