Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's greater? Rafael Marquez or Juan Manuel Marquez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's greater? Rafael Marquez or Juan Manuel Marquez?

Let's take a look at their accomplishments.

First up, Juan Manuel Marquez.

Accomplishments -

Juan Diaz x2
    Joel Casamayor
    Rocky Juarez
    Marco Antonio Barrera
    Orlando Salido
    Manny Pacquiao.... to some he won twice.

Let's take a look at Rafael Marquez

Accomplishments

-

Israel Vazquez... arguably twice
    Silence Mabuza x2
    Mauricio Pastrana x2
    Tim Austin
    Mark Johnson x2

To me, I have to side with Rafaels resume. Much more impressive wins and definetly an ATG at Bantamweight.

Rafael needs to beat Lopez.

Comment

JMM right now is the greater fighter. His resume is superior.

And, JMM has more wins than against top fighters than that. Like against Derrick Gainer(which was a unification bout) and Manuel Medina. And, no can't count Pac. Maybe the draw if you want. That is fine. But, both fights could of gone either way. Pac won one and the other is a draw. Is not a roberry so no need to count it. However, the draw can be counted.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        JMM right now is the greater fighter. His resume is superior.

And, JMM has more wins than against top fighters than that. Like against Derrick Gainer(which was a unification bout) and Manuel Medina. And, no can't count Pac. Maybe the draw if you want. That is fine. But, both fights could of gone either way. Pac won one and the other is a draw. Is not a roberry so no need to count it. However, the draw can be counted.
        I didn't put Derrick because I've always believed he was a ****ing bum like a Carlos Baldomir type, so was Medina. How is JMM resume superior? He's got a past it MAB. Past it Casamayor. Juan Diaz (lol) and Rocky Juarez...

Well I give respect for Derrick KOing Norwood though...that was an awesome victory.

Comment

The Robbie Peden victory was pretty impressive(For JMM)

Dude knocked out Nate Campbell twice.

Comment

JMM is greater. He has fought the tougher competition and has stood toe to toe, possibly even won against the greatest fighter of our generation.

Comment

JUAN MANUEL MARQUEZ is an ATG, Rafael Marquez is a b- fighter

Comment

Originally posted by José Sulaimán View Post
                I didn't put Derrick because I've always believed he was a ****ing bum like a Carlos Baldomir type, so was Medina. How is JMM resume superior? He's got a past it MAB. Past it Casamayor. Juan Diaz (lol) and Rocky Juarez...

Well I give respect for Derrick KOing Norwood though...that was an awesome victory.
                I wouldn't call Neither of those 2 fighters a bum. They were not elite but they were not bums. They were top fighters in their division. Medina had wins over Tom Johnson, Victor Polo going into JMM fight and then a win over Scott Harrison after the JMM fight. So was not a bad fighter.

Derrick Gainer had a win over Medina, Norwood, Polo. And, was ranked top 6 in the division at the time. Maybe as high as in the top 3 don't remember. Was ugly to watch, but was effective.

JMM also has a win over Robbie Peden and no Peden was a not bum.

JMM also is a 3 division champ. Rafa can't claim that.

JMM also unified 2 of those divisions. Rafa never has unified.

JMM is the greater fighter, with the superior resume as of right now.

No disrespect to Rafa though.

Comment

Originally posted by Aiwass View Post
                  JUAN MANUEL MARQUEZ is an ATG, Rafael Marquez is a b- fighter
                  Maybe now? Maybe.... The jury is still out on that one. But, prime? Hell no he was an elite fighter. Just as good as JMM was.

Actually there was a time when it seemed Rafa was the better fighter.

It just that JMM had the better opportunities to fight the bigger name guys.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                    I wouldn't call Neither of those 2 fighters a bum. They were not elite but they were not bums. They were top fighters in their division. Medina had wins over Tom Johnson, Victor Polo going into JMM fight and then a win over Scott Harrison after the JMM fight. So was not a bad fighter.

Derrick Gainer had a win over Medina, Norwood, Polo. And, was ranked top 6 in the division at the time. Maybe as high as in the top 3 don't remember. Was ugly to watch, but was effective.

JMM also has a win over Robbie Peden and no Peden was a not bum.

JMM also is a 3 division champ. Rafa can't claim that.

JMM also unified 2 of those divisions. Rafa never has unified.

JMM is the greater fighter, with the superior resume as of right now.

No disrespect to Rafa though.
                    I still think Rafa has the better wins, for some reason they've always impressed me more. If Rafa beats Juan Ma I'll definetly put him ahead of JMM depending on how much Juan Ma accomplishes after.

Comment

Working...
                    X