Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Klitschko's Trainer: Wladimir vs. Deontay Wilder Likely

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Klitschko's Trainer: Wladimir vs. Deontay Wilder Likely

Heavyweight contender Johnathon Banks, who also happens to be the trainer of IBO/WBO/IBF/WBA heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko (60-3, 51KOs), expects a fight with Deontay Wilder (28-0, 28KOs) to happen in the not too distance future. If Wilder continues to go right through the competition, then Banks predicts the showdown will happen.

It is very difficult to tell just how good Wilder really is. He stopped all of his opponents, who were mostly overmatched and scared of Wilder's power before the bell even rang. The date of Wilder's next fight is unknown, but Wladimir faces mandatory challenger Alexander Povetkin in the fall.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I don't think that Banks has much to say in choosing Wlad's opponent - anyway Wilder has to sort out his court day and he could be putted aways for years.

Wilder is very very gunshy so he would be put away quickly by Wlad.

Comment

This would be a good one! An opponent for Wladimir that has height, reach, power and isn't over weight and slow..

Comment

wow a heavyweight fight americans can actually get excited over. wonder if they will try to make it ppv in america i hope not

Comment

id rather see wilder vs fury or price tho first thats for sure i doubt fury would fight him tho. which dont make sense because he wants to be a famous fighter in america and that would be the best way to do it fighting wilder

Comment

Originally posted by NatiKid View Post
            wow a heavyweight fight americans can actually get excited over. wonder if they will try to make it ppv in america i hope not
            Wilder is raw and unproven and at this point looks to be no match for Wlad. So, in reality I am not all that excited about the possibility of the match up.

Comment

Fight Fury First... Winner gets Wladimir.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilGenius View Post
                Up to Fury, isn't it? Wilder already called him out.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilGenius View Post
                  Fury is one win away from a mandatory. Why would he risk it against Wilder?

On topic, ok fight I guess. Another cherry pick though better than piñata. Wilder is clearly very raw and needs at least 5 fights against top opposition to pose any challenge. But with his power and Wlads chin, anything could happen.

Comment

Why would Fury fight Wilder when he's on the verge of becoming mandatory. Wilder would be a step backwards.

Comment

Working...
                    X