No announcement yet.

Question for Christian Conservatives

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
    Don't lie. There are many contradictions.
    As I said, there really are no contradictions, there are misunderstandings. How seriously have you studied the bible?

Do you speak Greek?
    No, but I take instruction from greek speaking theologians

So what is righteous about offering your daughters to an angry mob for gang rape and then getting drunk and having sex with them?
    Lot put God and the angels first, even before his his own family. That is incredibly righteous, that a man can stay that loyal to God and his angels

Comment

Originally posted by HumptyHump View Post
      As I said, there really are no contradictions, there are misunderstandings. How seriously have you studied the bible?
      More seriously than you have evidently. For starters I read the whole thing cover to cover instead of accepting cherry picked passages from teachers.

No, but I take instruction from greek speaking theologians
      Let me get this straight - I need to speak Greek in order to understand the bible. But you don't. You just have to have teachers that claim they speak Greek.

Lot put God and the angels first, even before his his own family. That is incredibly righteous, that a man can stay that loyal to God and his angels
      While offering his own daughters up for gang rape? His daughters who he later FUCKS?

Comment

Originally posted by HumptyHump View Post
        The bible doesnt say dont kill, thats a mistranslation....it says dont murder. Its all about intent.
        Why would god say thou shall not kill, only to turn around and sanction all kinds of killings? God does not contradict himself like that, its all about the intention behind murder. If you just go out killing for fun, then thats wrong, but if god instructs you to kill, there is a just reason behind so you are acting on good intentions. Its not the same thing, you just dont understand what god says
        No it blatantly says though shall not kill, and there are plenty of contradictions in the bible

Comment

It is no secret the bible was written by man but not one man but many over time so it is not one story with one message. But all the truly serious followers of it I know really believe and stand by that thou shall not kill.

Comment

Originally posted by Jury View Post
            It is no secret the bible was written by man but not one man but many over time so it is not one story with one message. But all the truly serious followers of it I know really believe and stand by that thou shall not kill.
            Thou shalt not kill - apart from under the following circumstances:

Comment

Originally posted by boxer#1 View Post
              No it blatantly says though shall not kill, and there are plenty of contradictions in the bible

I posted this once before. Defenders of the bible verses scramble to explain "what the bible really means" offering their own interpretation and contradictions.

Comment

There are good people and there are bad people, whether or not being religious.

A religion is not a necessity for having a healthy morale and ethics. I'm just wondering the view of some religious people that you seem to have to believe in a way they believe or you can't be as good of a human being as they are.

Comment

Originally posted by khepesh View Post
                  There are good people and there are bad people, whether or not being religious.

A religion is not a necessity for having a healthy morale and ethics. I'm just wondering the view of some religious people that you seem to have to believe in a way they believe or you can't be as good of a human being as they are.
                  Much of the time their arguments can be summed up as "Fear of a horrible afterlife is the only thing preventing me from raping and murdering, therefore I am more moral than you godless atheists"

Comment

Much of the time their arguments can be summed up as "Fear of a horrible afterlife is the only thing preventing me from raping and murdering, therefore I am more moral than you godless atheists"
                    You ****ing nailed that one. No one should need some God for telling that.

Again, believe in whatever which makes you feel good, but don't start bashing the others who like to believe in something else. Therefore, I keep believing in myself, and in all the good which still exists in the society.
                    Last edited by khepesh; 03-27-2011, 08:12 AM.

Comment

A serious catholic missionary walked into the tire shop a couple months ago.......while I was waiting for my ride to be upgraded. He wanted me to spare him a couple of minutes. Five other people in the waiting area next to me, and he singles me out, that's fine. So I obliged, just to give him a chance and hear what he had to say.

First he asked if I believe in the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I responded that I believe he existed, and I believe he was a good man.........but I'm skeptical about his supernatural abilities, especially his ability to heal the afflicted single handedly.

He then proceeded to ask........."would you be willing to accept him as your lord and savior if I told you he did in fact have said powers?"

I returned his question with a question and replied: "There are numerous religions on this planet. If someone made the case for Shiva, and told you he had power......would you accept him as a lord?"

He replied: "I would have to inform him that he would has the chance to wipe his sins clean and accept Jesus as his Savior"

I said: "I'm done here, I'm heading over to the wingstop for a quick snack......thanks for your time"

got up and left. Just thought I'd share that now that we're on the issue of worshipping a single deity which seems strange to me.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Working...
                      X