No announcement yet.

'Macho' Camacho launches challenge to Miguel Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Macho' Camacho launches challenge to Miguel Cotto

Hector 'Macho' Camacho, who has won more World titles than the very own Manny Pacquiao says that he will rest for the remainder of the year and in 2010 expects to make three fights before eligible for retirement next year at 48 years , arguing that the last fight might be against Miguel Cotto in Puerto Rico.

"I have my history and won many world titles from 130 pounds to 168. On the 26th, if you give me permission, I'm going to Los Angeles to negotiate with Oscar de la Hoya to make a contract for three fights, one with anyone out there, the second with Fernando Vargas and Ricardo Mayorga in the third. But if Cotto wants to fight with this old man than he can bring it on. We do it in Puerto Rico. At age 47 I am a better boxer than him. He never impressed me, "he said from Tampa, Florida.

Thus, on December 17 will not fight to defend its eighth 'title', that of the 154 pounds of the WBE, which succeeded in late 2008, reiterating that it could bring into play against Cotto.

"Vargas came out of retirement to fight with my baby (Machito), but that's not going to happen. I put my a call on him so he fights me. So I go to Los Angeles to negotiate. De La Hoya is interested in mounting and Dan Goosen. I am well motivated and I want to retire with three major victories. Cotto is one of the best fighters but I don't see him as a great champion, "said the bayamones.

Camacho, who has track record of 79-5-3 and 38 chloroform, won his first world title in 1983, the 130-pound WBC, and in 1985 won his second, the light, the CMB, for the 1989 to obtain the 140-pound OMB. In 1991 recaptured this belt and in 1996 won the IBC welterweight belt, in 1996 the median of the IBC and in 1998 the median junior, also of the IBC. In 2001 he won the 168-pound title in the NBA and in 2008 the 154-pound of the WBE.

"I am training here in Tampa. I'm on a probation and they are watching me very well. I hope in late January or early February before the first fight and then fight with Vargas fast. And the last is with Mayorga but I can change it to Cotto. And be back in Puerto Rico. I've been fighting three decades and I've only lost against the best. I beat Cotto and then I retire. If he does not like what I'm saying, give me a call and we put hand "settlement.
    http://www.vocero.com/noticia-34922-...uel_cotto.html

Macho is still delusional and more stupid than ever
    Last edited by Pounding; 11-21-2009, 07:50 PM.

macho has a death wish

Comment

Lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Comment

WTF, he can't be serious.

Comment

I wonder who impresses Camacho,because I know for damn sure it ain't his son

JCC Jr >Camacho Jr

Comment

On second thought, maybe he should fight Cotto, so he could know how Leonard felt.

Comment

camachopa...

Comment

that old man would get carried out in a stretcher

Comment

Never gets old.

Comment

Not only is Manny inspiring the youth and younger fighters, but he's also revitalizing the fighting spirit within the elderlies LOL.

Comment

Working...
                    X