Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward's style is a nightmare for ANYONE. He is the next P4P #1.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Roach View Post
    Bute hasn't done ****, and Froch lost to a past prime Kessler.

Don't get me wrong, Ward is really good, but he doesn't deserve to be #1 P4P if he beats Bute. I wouldn't mind ranking him above Sergio though, but below Floyd, Manny and Donaire.
    The only way Pac and May keep Ward of that top spot is if they fight each other within the next year.
    Last edited by TheKza; 12-18-2011, 05:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKza View Post
      The only way Pac and May keep Ward of that top spot is if they fight each other.
      Typical overrating after fight night. That is all that has to be said.

Comment

I don't see what's boring about Ward, he's brilliant to watch.

How can boxing fans find someone putting on boxing clinic's in virtually every fight to be boring? It's the same as when people call Mayweather bnoring, it baffles me. He can be the agressor, counter punch brilliantly, take it inside...he's a bit special. He's ran through a list of top fighters and lost about 5 rounds in the 4 fights combined.

Comment

Fought a good fight for most of the fight.

Don't see how I could rank him higher than Donaire, though.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
            I don't see what's boring about Ward, he's brilliant to watch.

How can boxing fans find someone putting on boxing clinic's in virtually every fight to be boring? It's the same as when people call Mayweather bnoring, it baffles me. He can be the agressor, counter punch brilliantly, take it inside...he's a bit special. He's ran through a list of top fighters and lost about 5 rounds in the 4 fights combined.
            I don't know why but when I watch Mayweather I can appreciate his skills a lot more. To me, Ward is a lot more boring than Mayweather. Mayweather can be putting on a clinic and landing hard combinations like he was starting to do with Ortiz but Ward just strikes me as an efficient fighter who will never have anyone in danger at the top level.

Comment

A brilliant performance from Ward last night, very clinical and precise. There were signs in the last 2 rounds that Froch was beginning to get into the fight but as the saying goes-'too little too late'.

I'll be honest when I say that this was the first full fight I have seen Ward in and his skills blew me away. Froch is no mug, he's worked his way up like a journeyman does, with hard graft and tough fights, but Ward made him look frustrated in there. I'm a big Froch fan and I think the style in which Ward won the fight was why afterwards I was feeling a mix of resentment towards him but also admiration. America has got some serious talent with this guy.

What I would say is that now the British -> America boxing circus has gone on for the last BIG fights in recent memory, it would be the right things to see some of these great American fighters do the honourable thing and come to Britain to fight. Only the fighters can know what difference fighting on home soil makes, but i've never seen Froch looks so anxious before a fight.

Bring some of these fighters to the UK and let the home advantage show if it's what it's cracked up to be.

Comment

Originally posted by stefl14 View Post
                Typical overrating after fight night. That is all that has to be said.
                Yeah that's right, 2 years is overnight. By the end of 2012 you will understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Roach View Post
                  Bute hasn't done ****, and Froch lost to a past prime Kessler.

Don't get me wrong, Ward is really good, but he doesn't deserve to be #1 P4P if he beats Bute. I wouldn't mind ranking him above Sergio though, but below Floyd, Manny and Donaire.
                  kessler past prime? gtfo here.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKza View Post
                    Yeah that's right, 2 years is overnight. By the end of 2012 you will understand.
                    There are people saying Ward is on par with Mayweather which is laughable and they say he should be knocking on the door and maybe overtake him pound for pound. If that's not ridiculous then I don't know what is.

Comment

Nah, he's got ages to go. In the context of p4p FMJ, MP, Donaire, Martinez and a host of others are better.

Comment

Working...
                      X