No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kiko Martinez Stops Jason Booth in Ten, Wins EBU Belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kiko Martinez Stops Jason Booth in Ten, Wins EBU Belt

At the Plaza de Toros La Cubierta in Comunidad de Madrid, Spain, Kiko Martinez (25-3, 18KOs) capture the vacant EBU super bantamweight title with a tenth round stoppage of Jason Booth (36-7, 15KOs). Martinez was by far the stronger man and used that strength to wear Booth down in the fight. He hurt Booth in fifth and then again in the eight and ninth rounds. In the tenth, a left hand hurt Booth very badly and ended the fight as the referee had seen enough.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good win for Kiko and good to see him get a big fight at home for a change

Comment

For the most part, European fighters are subpar compared to Americans; and when I say Americans, I mean Mexico, Puerto Rico, and the USA. There are some Euro exceptions like Lucian Bute, the Klitschkos, Amir Khan, and Thomas Adamek... Actually, now that I think about it, Europe has been producing some good fighters lately. I'm just a wee-bit drunk right now so I'm talking out of my arse!!!! Viva Mexico putos!!! Y que chinge a su madre el que diga que no!!!

Comment

So you're classing non Americans as Americans? And a Canadian as a European?

Comment

Originally posted by owenb1 View Post
          So you're classing non Americans as Americans? And a Canadian as a European?
          Look at at a map. Mexico, Puerto Rico, USA, and Canada are all part of America; and Lucian Bute is from Romania. Last time I checked, Romania is part of Europe.

Comment

just watching ringside now and didnt even realise this fight was taking place, gutted i didnt see it, like both Booth and Kiko.

Gonna have to watch this today

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
              just watching ringside now and didnt even realise this fight was taking place, gutted i didnt see it, like both Booth and Kiko.

Gonna have to watch this today
              Booth was just too small to compete with Kiko. During Booth/Molitor, it was the same case. His style can cause problems for anybody his size, but facing a good fighter in Kiko was always gonna be too much.

It's a shame really, Jason is one of my favourite domestic fighters of all time and i would have loved nothing more then seeing him lift a world title. I just don't see him doing it at super-bantam.

He's better then domestic level, but just doesn't cut it at the higher level.

Comment

Originally posted by black.ink View Post
                Booth was just too small to compete with Kiko. During Booth/Molitor, it was the same case. His style can cause problems for anybody his size, but facing a good fighter in Kiko was always gonna be too much.

It's a shame really, Jason is one of my favourite domestic fighters of all time and i would have loved nothing more then seeing him lift a world title. I just don't see him doing it at super-bantam.

He's better then domestic level, but just doesn't cut it at the higher level.
                Kiko is a beast. I remember a mate telling me to watch Bernard Dunne fight when i came home from Oz said he was the real deal. First fight of his i got to watch was him v Kiko. Talk about a demolition job.

Booth had a great year in 2010, hope 2012 is better for him. One of my fave domestic fighters too, i've no idea how i missed this fight. Went completley under my radar.

Comment

Working...
                X