No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Byarm-Jennings Booked For NBC Card; No Liakhovich Foe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Byarm-Jennings Booked For NBC Card; No Liakhovich Foe

In a classic match-up of boxer vs. puncher, two talented, undefeated Philadelphia heavyweights have agreed to move up into the spotlight and put their perfect records on the line this coming Saturday, January 21st at Philadelphia's legendary Asylum Arena on the inaugural broadcast of the NBC Sports Network's "Fight Night" boxing series. Coverage on the NBC Sports Network begins Saturday at 9 p.m. ET [Click Here To Read More]

damn, pretty crappy start for the new series. never heard of any of these guys

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
      damn, pretty crappy start for the new series. never heard of any of these guys
      For reals. This is like a FNF type of fight. I remember when the series was first announced Dan Rafael said this would provide boxing with a "middle class." Let's hope this guys can atleast put on a good scrap.

I think the Judah-Paris fight is going to be a better fight. Vernon Paris is an entertaining fighter. I really enjoyed his fight vs Tim Coleman. Let's hope Zab Judah brings it and makes this a competitive fight. If Vernon Paris wins, I'd like to see him get a fight with someone like Maidana or Mattyhsse.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
        For reals. This is like a FNF type of fight. I remember when the series was first announced Dan Rafael said this would provide boxing with a "middle class." Let's hope this guys can atleast put on a good scrap.

I think the Judah-Paris fight is going to be a better fight. Vernon Paris is an entertaining fighter. I really enjoyed his fight vs Tim Coleman. Let's hope Zab Judah brings it and makes this a competitive fight. If Vernon Paris wins, I'd like to see him get a fight with someone like Maidana or Mattyhsse.
        I like Judah vs Paris but the problem, imo, is this is a Main Events deal. Who is on Main Events roster? Zab Judah. And uh, well, that's about it. So I think for the most part these type of cards are what we should expect. FNF type of cards, actually, probably even less than that.

I really wish NBC did a deal with multiple promoters, not just Main Events. Now I know Main Events said they will work with other promoters, but realistically they will just pair one of their fighters in with some other promoters. And again, who the hell is on Main Events? no one.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
          I like Judah vs Paris but the problem, imo, is this is a Main Events deal. Who is on Main Events roster? Zab Judah. And uh, well, that's about it. So I think for the most part these type of cards are what we should expect. FNF type of cards, actually, probably even less than that.

I really wish NBC did a deal with multiple promoters, not just Main Events.
          Now I know Main Events said they will work with other promoters, but realistically they will just pair one of their fighters in with some other promoters. And again, who the hell is on Main Events? no one.
          Yup. I just googled Main Events roster to see if they had anyone I didn't know about and according to their website, they only got 7 fighters signed. wtf. I didn't think Main Events was that bad.

http://www.mainevents.com/Roster.aspx

They should've tried to get a promoter with a bigger stable. Goossen Tutor and DiBella Promotions would've been a better choice, IMO. They got decent names and more then 7 fighters signed to their stables.

Comment

Byarm is going to mess Jennings up. Jennings is no puncher. The Jennings people bit off More than they can chew here cause they are arrogant and want to be on tv. Byarm is a real puncher and a decent boxer...byarm by Ko in the first half of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
              Yup. I just googled Main Events roster to see if they had anyone I didn't know about and according to their website, they only got 7 fighters signed. wtf. I didn't think Main Events was that bad.

http://www.mainevents.com/Roster.aspx

They should've tried to get a promoter with a bigger stable. Goossen Tutor and DiBella Promotions would've been a better choice, IMO. They got decent names and more then 7 fighters signed to their stables.
              yeah exactly. And if I'm not mistaken they lost Adamak too. I'll have to double check that but I could have sworn I read recently Adamek severed ties with Main Events.

DiBella and Goossen would have been great. Top Rank already put up whack ass fights on Versus so screw them, but if they could have had DiBella, Goossen and Golden Boy it would have been awesome.

Comment

If you're from the Philly area, you know about Jennings and Byarm and know that this is a good fight- especially one created last minute to replace a great tv fight of Liakovich and Chambers. A good promotional company does not need tons of fighters to make it legit. Main Events has done some real quality promotions with great undercards and match making. If you don't judge the names before the fight, you'll see that this event should be entertaining

Comment

I wanted to see what changes Floyd Sr. has made with Liakhovich. Kind of disappointed in this show now but I'll still watch.

Comment

well its too bad liakhovich couldnt get an opponent but ill tune into the card if i get it on my cable package.

Comment

Working...
                    X