No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: McGuigan: Frampton Wants a Crack at Martinez's Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: McGuigan: Frampton Wants a Crack at Martinez's Title

BARRY McGUIGAN wants to make Carl Frampton as big an Irish boxing legend as he is. The former featherweight world champion promotes Belfast’s unbeaten Frampton, who defends his European ­super-bantamweight title against Jeremy Parodi on Saturday.

And McGuigan hopes Frampton can extend his unbeaten record in order to win a shot at IBF title holder Kiko Martinez.

Frampton stopped Martinez in his last fight in February but the Spaniard rebounded to win the IBF world title in August against Jonathan Romero. [Click Here To Read More]

Great choice by mcguigan with a unification after against quigg.

Would be huge for British boxing and I would want Quigg to win seeing as he's English but I think Frampton stops Quigg late on

Comment

Looking forward to seeing The Jackal in action again this Saturday. Glad that Boxnation subscribition's good for something. The Quigg fight will be great when it happens and will start to open things up worldwide for Frampton. There's something about this guy, he's got character. Can become a real hero figure for Northern Ireland, indeed, all Ireland and Britain. Something for us to be proud of, bring it on!

Comment

Ryan Burnett on the undercard, also worth watching. He had a fantastic amateur career, and I know Ricky Hatton has very high hopes for him as a pro.

Comment

Working...
        X