No announcement yet.

Time for the colonel to retire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for the colonel to retire?

Just watched the mayweather v Cotto and mayweather v Canelo fights and the commentary is absolutely ridiculous. The Colonel doesn't watch the fights properly and never sees anything but what mayweather is doing. There is one sequence where Canelo is hitting Floyd with a combination and Bob is going 'miss, miss, miss'. It completely ruins the fights for me. He was a decent commentator 10 years ago but he is well past it now. Thoughts?

I noticed that as well, completely agree

Comment

"This kid is a nice kid, this kid Floyd Mayweather."

I'm starting to think this kid, the kid Floyd Mayweather kid over there. He is the greatest ever."

"This kid Canelo, he's just not the other kid over there."

He's never been quite this bad. Worse than Lampley ever has been for ****s sakes.

Comment

I haven't heard him in years. I didn't know he was still around.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
          "This kid is a nice kid, this kid Floyd Mayweather."

I'm starting to think this kid, the kid Floyd Mayweather kid over there. He is the greatest ever."

"This kid Canelo, he's just not the other kid over there."

He's never been quite this bad. Worse than Lampley ever has been for ****s sakes.
          He's so bad at the tua fights

Comment

Cotto bloodys Floyds nose and the colonel is banging on about how great Floyds defence is?!

Comment

Originally posted by tyotfo View Post
              Cotto bloodys Floyds nose and the colonel is banging on about how great Floyds defence is?!
              I laugh every time somebody gets off on a blood nose , its a world title fight between HOF fighters and people are on about a blood nose buhahahah .

Comment

Just watched the mayweather v Cotto and mayweather v Canelo fights and the commentary is absolutely ridiculous. The Colonel doesn't watch the fights properly and never sees anything but what mayweather is doing. There is one sequence where Canelo is hitting Floyd with a combination and Bob is going 'miss, miss, miss'. It completely ruins the fights for me. He was a decent commentator 10 years ago but he is well past it now. Thoughts?
                he has seen better days but no one could make a terrible fight sound better then bob Sheridan in his best days... I got HBO & KINGVISION versions of ruiz vs golota... HBO guys are constantly ridiculing the fight & bob Sheridan makes it sound much better then it is...it was actually quite surprising how much better he made the fight sound... he was the perfect guy to have do john ruiz fights. he was good at killing time if space needed to be filled & he never once said a negative thing about either boxer. if he is working with a partner he uses that guys knowledge to enlighten the fans. asking intelligent questions or just getting some old stories depending on his partners boxing background...always enjoyed listening to him even when he may have been a bit off some nights. he's a great host...
                Last edited by joe strong; 09-22-2013, 07:15 AM.

Comment

those nights bob was reaching a little were pretty amusing... these are 2 of the real nice guys of boxing. He forgets to mention the 2 in the ring have 13 criminal convictions between them including armed robbery, assault with a weapon, burglary, etc...

Comment

canelo didn't hit mayweather with a combination in the entire fight. if you're talking about the flurry of body shots in the 9th or 10th, all of them glanced off floyd's elbows.

Comment

Working...
                    X