No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bellew: I Begged For Cleverly Rematch, Frank Said No

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bellew: I Begged For Cleverly Rematch, Frank Said No

Tony Bellew insists he turned his attention to Edison Miranda only after Nathan Cleverly's promoter Frank Warren refused him a rematch of last October's thriller.

Bellew meets Miranda, the feared Colombian puncher who has claimed 30 of his 35 wins by knockout, at Alexandra Palace on Friday night.

The 29-year-old from Liverpool dropped a majority points decision to WBO light-heavyweight champion Cleverly and his hopes of a rematch have been dashed.

[Click Here To Read More]

blah blah blah you wrote a check with your mouth that your fists could not pay for. just man up to it and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
      blah blah blah you wrote a check with your mouth that your fists could not pay for. just man up to it and move on.
      How exactly? Most people thought he won.

Comment

Im not so sure i believe Warren's claims that they tried but couldn't get a fight with Bellew, Shumenov, Froch or Hopkins.
        Bellew was publicly chasing a Cleverly rematch immediatley after their first fight and there was no comment from Warren. I think it just all talk and games at this stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Bajingo View Post
          How exactly? Most people thought he won.
          Not this people. Cleverly wrecked Bellew with uppercuts the majority of the night, and Bellew tired. I thought Cleverly clearly won by a couple rounds.

Comment

Warren didn't expect the first fight to be so close, Bellew ain't getting a rematch anytime soon. From now on it's either C level comp or a big name for Cleverly.

Comment

Originally posted by kessu.apengu
              did Bellew not try and break out of his contract with Warren and lose in court, so he has to honour the promotional contract? I bet Warren just wants to feed him to Miranda and hope he loses.

Cleverly is the baby cash cow he aint gonna put him in tough fights.

Cleverly fights these type of opponants:

good
              shit
              shit
              good
              Warren does'nt promote Bellew nor this fight so he isnt trying to feed Bellew to anybody

Comment

Originally posted by chrismart83 View Post
                Im not so sure i believe Warren's claims that they tried but couldn't get a fight with Bellew, Shumenov, Froch or Hopkins.
                Bellew was publicly chasing a Cleverly rematch immediatley after their first fight and there was no comment from Warren. I think it just all talk and games at this stage.

All of the above were too dangerous. FW, as usual, is protecting his 'champ', before cashing-in on a super-fight down the line.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
                  Not this people. Cleverly wrecked Bellew with uppercuts the majority of the night, and Bellew tired. I thought Cleverly clearly won by a couple rounds.
                  wrecked him? cleverly was the only one wobbled. cleverly can't wreck anyone because he has joe calzaghe type power. aka none.

Comment

Bellew should relocate to the USA & look to fight Shumenov or Cloud & if successful rematch Cleverly in a 50% fight. It's obvious FW wants nothing to do with Shumenov for some reason, so if TB was successful then this is the only way forward.

Comment

Working...
                    X