No announcement yet.

Adrien Broner is short with short arms

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
    Reach gets even short when you have to punch up wards. Vasquez is also at least 3 iniches taller. And unlike Demarco is a extremely skilled boxer who will use his height and who's style is almost impossible to win a decision against

marvin quintero was very competitive with him. that notion is pretty laughable.

and his reach is a grand total of one inch greater than broners...

the only reason why vasquez has been avoided is the style. he's got a horrible tv style, and he's not going to make you look good when you beat him. they're trying to build broner into a star. having him fight such a boring fighter at this stage would be a horrible call. it will turn people off.
    Last edited by New England; 11-18-2012, 11:55 AM. Reason: mixed up my quinteros, rof. sorry, marvin.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
      Yes he's very skilled and a great fighter. one thing he will have a problem with is when he can't get inside against a fighter. I have yet to see him fight at range. In fact I see none of his offense generated at range. He's going to have problems with taller fighters with speed when he can't get off first.

Great fighter though and very exciting to watch. There are great fights for him @ 140 but there are a handful of fighters that can beat him.
      I think you are hoping this becomes a problem for him.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
        Which is why he outboxed the shorter, smaller armed Tim Bradley rite?
        lol Vasquez fought Tim Bradley over 5 years ago, Vasquez was like 19 years old

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          fernando quintero was very competitive with him. that notion is pretty laughable.

and his reach is a grand total of one inch greater than broners...

the only reason why vasquez has been avoided is the style. he's got a horrible tv style, and he's not going to make you look good when you beat him. they're trying to build broner into a star. having him fight such a boring fighter at this stage would be a horrible call. it will turn people off.
          Do you understand geometry? Punching upwards as Broner would have to do makes his reach even shorter.

Vasquez is a master class boxer. Vasquez was sleep walking against Quintero and he still won comfortable, watch what he does to Gesta who is a bum but a guy that Vasquez will be motivated against like he was against Prescott, Kim and Zappa.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
            Do you understand geometry? Punching upwards as Broner would have to do makes his reach even shorter.

Vasquez is a master class boxer. Vasquez was sleep walking against Quintero and he still won comfortable, watch what he does to Gesta who is a bum but a guy that Vasquez will be motivated against like he was against Prescott, Kim and Zappa.
            do i understand geometry?

you know who else is 5'10?
            antonio demarco.

vasquez is going to need a hell of a lot more than 2.5 inches to beat adrien broner. if you think vasquez is a better boxer and technician than broner you're sorely mistaken.

also, demarco was dropped by broner. he showed a chin, but was eventually taken off of his feet. valero could not drop him. you've called valero the greatest 135 lb puncher of all time in the past ( )

does broner now eclipse him, after dropping wizard chin protector demarco?
            Last edited by New England; 11-18-2012, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Reach doesn't win fights.....

Comment

His reach is 71'', how is that a short reach??? We all talk about how Floyd has a long reach, and it's 72''. Jesus people are dumb....

Miguel Vazquez is a solid fighter, I'd love to see Gamboa get his hands on him after Gamboa beats Beltran in December.

Broner-Burns should be next.

Comment

Working...
                X