Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can HBO balance Power by promoting Heavyweights and SMWs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can HBO balance Power by promoting Heavyweights and SMWs?

Imagine this HBO Roster:

Heavyweight

Wladimir Klitschko
    Vitali Klitschko
    David Haye
    Deontay Wilder
    Tyson Fury

MW & SMW

Andre Ward
    Sergio Martinez
    GGG
    Carl Froch
    Mikkel Kessler
    Lucian Bute

WW

Tim Bradley
    Manny Pacquiao
    Juan Manuel Marquez

I was thinking about this today. Big opportunity for some non-American fighters to become stars on HBO. Not sure how feasible it is, but I hope HBO uses the money they won't be spending on Golden Boy to get some of these guys on TV.

Comment

Deontay Wilder is signed with Golden Boy...

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
        Imagine this HBO Roster:

Heavyweight

Wladimir Klitschko
        Vitali Klitschko
        David Haye
        Deontay Wilder
        Tyson Fury

MW & SMW

Andre Ward
        Sergio Martinez
        GGG
        Carl Froch
        Mikkel Kessler
        Lucian Bute

WW

Tim Bradley
        Manny Pacquiao
        Juan Manuel Marquez
        I dont think the answer is spendng more money on older fighters like the ones you've mentioned. Its also hard to push the 168 guys because showtime already did that. Get them up to 175 so they have fresh opposition-pascal, bute, chad.

I'd push ward and mikey garcia. Make nonito fight younger guys not just those with name value. GGG would be built to get martinez and ward fights. And go lighter-not heavier. Vilora would be on as many times a year as possible.

Herschman was brought in to work with a lower budget, not a higher one.

Comment

The Klits bothers are on there way out soon, smw would all be recycle fights along with the ww devision, and mw sergio is up there in age headed out too along with pac & jmm is rather a weak roaster but I am sure they got something in the works.

Comment

They need to break new stars not recycle the same fighters.

Comment

Golden Boy can do very well without HBO and HBO can do very well without Golden Boy. It would be better if everybody got along and Showtime and HBO would both show all the good fights they could from all the promoters. It would also be better if Top Rank and Golden Boy would work together to make great fights between their fighters. They just can't get along so lots of good fights may never happen. Lots of good fights will happen so fans will just have to settle for things the way they are. It can't get much worse but maybe in time it will get better. A change of management at the top of any of these four giants might improve things.

Comment

Pac has about Two years left in him so he'll be the poster boy if he doesn't continue to lose.

Jmm will retire before pac does.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                X