Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, was Cotto washed up all year or only after Trout beat him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 154 is not a good weight for him, despite what the Mayweather Mafia will tell you (Floyd fought the better version of Cotto than Pac did......yeah, right).

Comment

• Originally posted by Rapid Counter View Post
      Not washed up by any means. He wasn't the same after Margarito but I believe that was all in his head. After he beat Margarito and conquered his demons I feel he is back to his best and his new trainer has been great for him. His problem now is that he's a tiny jmw but he has been there long enough to where he will struggle to make 147....he's kinda in a no mans land. Too small to compete against legit jmw but big enough to be drained at 147.
      This^^^^ Couldn't have said it any better!

Comment

• Cotto is still Cotto with ample fuel left in the tank. I'd rather focus on style. Trout was just not the guy to beat. He run like hell and made sure he won't get caught with Cotto's left hook. Pretty distressing to watch such guy armed with size, reach and youth advantage. Never seen any opponent of Cotto so scared of it. (Smaller Malignaggi did better and stood within range of Cotto.) It was also the wrong ref for Cotto. Trout clinches, the ref breaks. Impossible to execute an inside game. Cotto simply got frustrated. He gave up chasing the guy. Huge mistake for Cotto to fight a guy like that. I'll avoid Trout if I were Canelo. High risk, low reward. Or at least get the ref who officiated the Berto/Guerrero fight.
        Last edited by Bullrider; 01-02-2013, 11:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          Who do you think wins, if the rumors are true between Trout & ginger?
          I think Trout gets robbed.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            I think Trout gets robbed.
            Is that right?? I think the beating will be too 1 sided for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray*
              Quote:

Originally Posted by RossCA

Cotto is Cotto. He's a good decent fighter, but he's never been a really tough guy, never been the biggest puncher, and never had the greatest defense. He is though an all around very good fighter, just not the best, that's all. I don't think he's washed up.

Pretty much, If Cotto wasn't with Arum most of his life he would have had so many loses, Fact was he was very well guarded with top rank until he fought Margarito, Even Arum didn't think Margarito was going to beat Cotto because if he knew he would have never made that fight, He would have let it marinate till that sheet gets burnt.
              this is a joke of a comment... cotto fought every single viable option at 140 pounds...he beat everyone... he beat better fighters than hatton and floyd did at 140... i mean he litterally fought everyone at 140...

his first fight at WW was against quintana (a tall lanky crafty southpaw with power) who took joel julios 0 and would later go on to beat paul williams

then he fought judah a year after floyd did

then he fought mosley when he was still mosley... 3&4 years before mayweather and pacquiao did

then he outclassed margarito for almost their entire fight before being physically drained by hands of plaster

then he fought another guy nobody else would fight... joshua clottey (so far he seems really protected) ...he fights almost the entire fight lacking vision from one eye and manages to scrape out a well earned SD

im going to stop here and say that your foolish theory holds no water

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                Is that right?? I think the beating will be too 1 sided for that.
                Alvarez only needs 3 or 4 rounds. I think he gets them.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  Alvarez only needs 3 or 4 rounds. I think he gets them.
                  That's a scary thought.

Comment

• Cotto was never that good to begin with he has been slowly declining since the Margarito beat down. He is to small for 154 and I was not shocked at all when Trout (the first solid, legitimate 154lb fighter Cotto fought) beat him.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners
                      Quote:

Originally Posted by Bushbaby

Duran is not bigger than Floyd. Try again. He is far greater though. As a matter of fact Floyd is actually taller than Cotto & has more reach. And just because Floyd said he lost weight to fight Cotto, doesn't make it true.

Floyd is greater than Cotto, has won 2 titles at 154 & if he can fight there, he can fight the best there,period. If not don't talk bout Pacman, same crap different shades of dark.

Not to derail this thread.....but how the hell do people expect Floyd-Sergio when Sergio's own team is saying they want Murray, Chavez rematch, than Floyd. That wouldn't even make the fight reasonable until 2014, which would be 5 years and 10 fights since he's last fought at 154. I mean at some point, people need to recognize Sergio isn't fighting at 154 anymore, he's the Middleweight champion of the world.

And to be honest, it's laughable that he's fighting Murray and a Chavez rematch, instead of Golovkin/Pirog/Geale/Quillin, and than claiming a guy who's naturally 2 weight classes smaller than him, is ducking him. I mean Sergio has to be one of the biggest hypocrites in the boxing world by taking fights with Barker, Murray, Chavez rematch, those are crappy fights.
                      well said

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X