Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxingscene Movie Reviews Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the wrongly accused man on the run is a favorite hitchcoc.k premise... i have no doubt that the 39 steps is the best in this regard... man, just look at the dude's resume with the man on the run theme...

north by northwest

sabotage

i confess

saboteur

spellbound...

hitch was amazing...

Comment

• how about you, the living

unique film.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom.
        Also Frenzy, and The Wrong Man which was based on real events:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manny_Balestrero
        yeah, frenzy...

i think its the only hitchcoc.k film i was able to see ****...

Comment

• Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
          yeah, frenzy...

i think its the only hitchcoc.k film i was able to see ****...
          looks like you're on to review Syriana next

coming from the makers of Traffic, i personally feel that this film is inferior to the former

although a good movie overall, Syriana offers no solution at the end just like the politics it portray in real life

whereas Traffic somehow offers at least a possibility (Del Toro's character finally achieves his wish of a baseball stadium) towards the end

Comment

• who would have thought clooney at end when....

Comment

The Man Who Knew Too Much 1954 9.5/10

One of the best Alfred Hitchc0ck movies. The old boy reached his best as a director from his mid-50s to early 60s, with movies like this one, Rear Window and Psycho.
              there was an earlier version of this film also helmed by hitch himself... i havent watched that film yet... have you?

Comment

• Some films i'v watched somewhat recently. I'm rating these within the genre not against eachother.

Turn me on, dammit! (Norway) 7/10 - Coming of age sex comedy. Kind of typical from Swedish/Norway cinema within the genre but in a good way. They have a weird sense of humor i really enjoy.

Shame 7.3/10 - Most interesting aspec for me was the brother sister relationship in spite of how dysfunctional it was.

Lawless 8.5/10 - ****ing loved it. Tom Hardy was great which iv come to expect from him, Clarke and Wasikowska were really good too. I didn't like Chastain or Labeouf in the film in part due to their acting and part their character. I don't hate Shia like alot of people but his character was such a b1tch who kept getting people hurt or killed due to his phagness i couldn't stand watching him.

El Aura 7.5/10 (Argentina) - Pretty original and good heist/suspense film while being slightly more intimate in the storytelling for the genre.

JSA 7/10 (Korea) - Some list this as their favourite Korean film, for me it definitely is not. I liked it, great story and themes and aside from the female investigator i thought the acting was good, she was terrible. Not sure if it would even make my top 10 for Korean films though.
                Last edited by Mikhnienko; 10-06-2012, 12:40 AM.

Comment

The Big Clock 8.5/10

Broken Arrow 7.5/10

The story was okay but rather predictable. Shot in some nice locations in Southwestern US. Excellent cinematography and some fine acting from James Stewart made this one enjoyable..
                  tunney, this was a john travolta movie right? if not, was it a remake of this?

Comment

• i watched Prometheus last night...not impressed...was expecting more than a stupid Aliens prequel

5 out of 10

Comment

• Anyone got a review for Loopers (no spoilers pls)?

Comment

Working...
                      X