Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Housed Fugitive View Post
    found this on a forum lol

Comment

How bout them league leading Dodgers huh??? (16-7)

Comment

I guess not much of the way of Dodger fans here huh??? anyone care they looking strong for next season???

LOS ANGELES -- Los Angeles Dodgers general manager Ned Colletti uttered the phrase the rest of baseball has been waiting all winter to hear. "We're pretty much where we're going to be budgetarily," Colletti said, "unless something jumps out at us that's too good to say no to." Greinke Greinke The Dodgers winter spending spree likely culminated, at least for now, with the signing of pitcher Zack Greinke to a six-year, $147 million contract. The team introduced Greinke at a Tuesday afternoon news conference at Dodger Stadium. Greinke, who can opt out of the deal after three years, is now the highest paid right-handed pitcher in baseball history. The way things have been trending in free agency, fueled lately by the Dodgers' frantic upgrades, Greinke doesn't expect to hold that distinction long. "That's how baseball is going. The money's just getting higher and higher," Greinke said. "As soon as a couple other guys sign, I'll be passed." When the winter began, Greinke viewed the Dodgers and Los Angeles Angels as the co-favorites to land him. By the final days of negotiations, the Angels had dropped out and it was down to the Dodgers and Texas Rangers. Greinke, the 2009 Cy Young winner, said he compiled a list of 10 criteria for places he wanted to sign and the Dodgers had good marks in nine of them, including offering him the highest salary and playing in a spacious home ballpark. The only item they came up short in was proximity to his Florida home. More on ESPN.com Even though the Dodgers have spent nearly a quarter of a billion dollars on payroll, it doesn't guarantee anything, writes Mark Saxon. Blog • ESPNLosAngeles.com "At one point, I was favoring Texas, but that changed there at the end," Greinke said. What changed? "Just the negotiations, I guess." The money? "It's what it gets to at the end," Greinke said. It's hard to beat the Dodgers these days when it comes to spending. Since Frank McCourt sold the team to the Guggenheim Baseball Group last spring, the Dodgers have taken on more than $600 million in player salaries and they are in the midst of about $100 million in upgrades to Dodger Stadium. The Dodgers likely will enter 2013 with a payroll exceeding $230 million, eclipsing the 2008 New York Yankees' record payroll of $209 million handily. They would be the first team since the 1998 Baltimore Orioles to outspend the Yankees on player salaries entering a season. More From ESPNLosAngeles.com For more news, notes and analysis of the Dodgers, check out ESPN LA's Dodgers Report. Blog It's all fueled by a new TV deal the Dodgers are negotiating that could net them in excess of $6 billion over the next 25 years. Some people had speculated that Greinke would be more comfortable in a smaller city with less media demands given his history with social anxiety disorder and depression. He said he grew comfortable pitching in Southern California while with the Angels the final two months of last season. The Dodgers were sold on Greinke's personality when he showed up at a Nov. 29 meeting without agent Casey Close and spent three hours chatting with Colletti, team president Stan Kasten and manager Don Mattingly. Among other topics, Greinke congratulated Colletti on the team's first-round draft pick last June, infielder Corey Seager, and discussed how he attacked Dodgers hitters. Greinke said he wrote down the lineups for each of the teams pursuing him. Last summer, the Dodgers added All-Stars Hanley Ramirez and Adrian Gonzalez to a core that already included Matt Kemp and Andre Ethier. "It really made me realize how good this offense is," Greinke said. "It's as deep as any team. Before I did that, I didn't realize how good they were."

Comment

Obviously the Dodgers have looked horrible this season falling faaaaaar behind expectations for this season....but how bout this kid Puig huh??? kid got something...........I say get him in the ALLSTAR GAME!!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/10-degr...191148258.html

Comment

Cali better get behind the A's this year, the rest of your teams are going nowhere

Comment

Originally posted by Miburo View Post
              Cali better get behind the A's this year, the rest of your teams are going nowhere
              Yeah well once the playoffs begin I guess that's all there will be left....

Comment

here we come.............

Comment

Originally posted by RicDaRula View Post
                  here we come.............

Fernando-Mania Manny-Mania and now Puig-Mania

Been telling Dodger fans about the Cuban cat b4 he was signed.

Puig's 4 reel and so are them Dodgers.

Long time coming for the Dodger faithful.

Think you can say hello 2 the Post Season.

Come the 30 and 31st all bets are off..... Or on ???

Comment

Originally posted by BERNIE'S CORNER View Post
                    Fernando-Mania Manny-Mania and now Puig-Mania

Been telling Dodger fans about the Cuban cat b4 he was signed.

Puig's 4 reel and so are them Dodgers.

Long time coming for the Dodger faithful.

Think you can say hello 2 the Post Season.

Come the 30 and 31st all bets are off..... Or on ???
                    I hope so......these games vs Zona gonna be big.......

Comment

First place BIIIITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!now they gotta keep it up.....less go BLUE!

http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/ml...p_away&c_id=la

Comment

Working...
                      X