Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Showtimes Jim Grey or hbo's Larry Merchant??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love Jim Grey, he gets it in. I love when a fighter says some dumb **** and Jim looks into the camera like 'WTF?' and rolls his eyes.

Jim Grey v. Mayweather would be nice

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
      Let's be frank, here : Merchant is no more biased than anybody else on the HBO commentary crew. Have you heard Lampley call a Cotto fight? It's disgusting.

What about Kellerman with Mayweather or Marquez?

Even Emmanuel "I knew this was gonna happen" Steward is partial to certain fighters.
      Lampley was much worse in Barrera fights. Against Marquez, he straight out abandoned any pretext of objectivity and denied things which were happening in front of his eyes. It was an impressive display of bias, in all fairness.

I go with Larry. He's just great.

Comment

Jim Grey EASILY!

Merchant comes off as a Bitter Old Man trying to show up fighters

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
          Jim Gray all day and its not even close. Jim Gray gets right to the point and calls dudes out. Jim Gray is legend.
          I was coming on here to say the exact same thing.

Comment

Both are great. They're opinionated and aren't afraid to call fighters on their BS.

Comment

Jim Grey isn't fit to hold Larry Merchant jockstrap when it comes to post fight interviews.

This is not even debatable. Larry Merchant>>>>Jim Grey easily.

Comment

I like Jim Grey better.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
                  Jim Grey isn't fit to hold Larry Merchant jockstrap when it comes to post fight interviews.

Yes.

It's noticeable how much flack Larry gets since the ruck with Mayweather. Which again makes me ponder one of those things I have never understood - how someone like Floyd who basically holds the fans in contempt holds so much sway over his own fans.

Anyway, I do like Jim cos he's so cringeworthy and lacking in self-awareness of this fact, that it actually cracks me up.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post

You don't have showtime do you bro??

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                      You don't have showtime do you bro??
                      Wow, what a stupid and naive remark. Lets say you're right and I know don't for argument sake. It is not hard to find a Showtime stream on the internet and still see Jim Grey do his whack ass interviews.

Think before you reply please. Thank you and have a good day.

Comment

Working...
                      X