Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Guerrero do better against Floyd than Cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robert has no chance. He has a great story and that's great within its self. But who really has a chance. Sergio? Alvares? Who knows?

Comment

I think the question is can Guerrero execute the successful components of Cotto's gameplan. Is his footwork good enough to keep cutting off the ring throughout? Is his defence tight enough in open country? Can he establish his jab? Is he strong enough to push Floyd backwards? Can he keep his composure when he's got Mayweather cornered? Does he have the conditioning to maintain this pressure for 12 rounds?

Unless he establishes a brand new template I think this is how it has to be for Guerrero. Cotto had a great gameplan but hadn't all the ingredients to exploit its full potential. Whoever does will be the one to beat Mayweather. You have to aim for 3-4 of these significant exchanges against the ropes in each round, and you have to land the eye catching shots of those exchanges.

You also have to have the understanding of when to get out of the exchange and the footwork to do so smoothly and quickly. Hang around too long in those exchanges and Mayweather will time you and nail you.

Comment

Guerrero doesnt have Cottos jab. Thats the key against Floyd. You have to have a very good to great jab to beat Floyd. Plus Floyds smart enough to tie up Guerreros left arm instead of his right like Berto. I remember screaming at the TV saying, "He's lefthanded. Stop tieing up his right arm."

Comment

that fight gonna be a extended version of round one of reese vs broner.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
            Guerrero doesnt have Cottos jab. Thats the key against Floyd. You have to have a very good to great jab to beat Floyd.
            Yeah it's crucial. You must make Floyd respect your jab. It does not have to do major damage, you are not going to jab your way to victory against Mayweather. You just have to show him you can score with it.

What you really need to use it for is to direct Floyd around the ring. You want to use it to make him go where you want him to go, which is backwards, towards a corner. Trying to land big on Mayweather in open country is a mug's game. You might get off occasionally, but it's a battle you're destined to lose.

Comment

Everyone is down on Cotto because of the Trout lost but he was able to bully Floyd n land some shots on him. Can't Deny that. Idk if RG will be able to do the same.I think, Floyd wins this fight by KO.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG GUNZ View Post
                Basically what will happen is, if somehow Guerrero pulls off the upset or it's a very close fight, a lot of people will say Floyd has been past his prime. But if Floyd wins, a lot of people will say it was the expected result. I think Guerrero will do a lot better than people expect. He's a young & tough fighter who can take a punch so he'll keep coming at Floyd throughout the fight.
                Floyd is obviously not the same fighter. Guerrero will bring it and if he wins it is because Floyd is sliding, but if Floyd wins I'll say he still gots it.

Comment

He'll beat floyds ass and get robbed just like Cotto

Comment

If Floyd doesn't land twenty clean uppercuts on him during the first three rounds, he should retire.

Guerrero doesn't have a hope in hell of even being competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
                      I think he will do much better than Cotto. He might do so good that there will even be a rematch. I think he's way underrated in his abilities against Mayweather. Mayweather is not the same fighter he was a few years ago, but I still think he will win.
                      I agree with this man.

Comment

Working...
                      X