No announcement yet.

Both sides of my computer freezes the mouse cursor randomly, not just Mac side

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uoykcuf View Post
    Cost more money right? Do you know of a wireless mouse that will work with Windows 7 and Hackintosh Snow Leopard? And which wireless mouse would I want? One that charges itself or one that is run by 2 or 3 batteries?
    yeah they are more expensive obviously, but you only buy a mouse every few years so.
    most of them are rechargeable nowadays, they come with a separate holder/slot like wireless phones.
    if you play games you have to get one operating on radio frequency (2.4ghz) just like wireless joypads for consoles so theres no input lag like other types (bt).
    i'd check logitech's or razer's wireless models.

Comment

Originally posted by uoykcuf View Post
      Windows 7 and Mac both randomly freeze my cursor at times while everything else is working fine. So its either hardware related problem or something else. I think something is wrong with my mouse, so I switched it for a laser mouse(I hate these things they slide easily and way next to nothing).

I'll soon find out(2 hours possibly 5 hours if my mouse cursor freezes again randomly). I don't think it will tho, I think the wire on my other mouse may have a twist in it some wheres causing the problem. Sucks I'm using laser mouse those things weigh next to nothing and can easily fall on the ground.
      Seriously though, I've seen this issue caused by failing hard drives. Basically they take too long to respond so your system waits for them causing the lag. The fact that this happens on multiple OS's points to hardware failure. One thing I've noticed with this issue is that the failing hard drive isn't always detected by HDD scanners (although many times it is). Check your eventvwr (if you know how) for HDD timeout or ATAPI errors. Either of these will confirm your hard drive is on its way out.

Comment

Working...
      X