No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez vs Manfredo Early Results From Houston, Texas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chavez vs Manfredo Early Results From Houston, Texas

Light heavyweight prospect Marcus Johnson (21-1) bounced back from his April upset loss to Dyah Davis when he defeated William Bailey (10-13) via six round unanimous decision. The scores were 60-53 on twice and 60-52. Johnson simply overpowered his out of shape foe who could do little more than try to use his weight to push around his much more talented opponent.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Clottey lost my respect when he blatantly just "showed up" for a paycheck against Pacquiao. I'm sure he had MORE than a chance in that fight. Anyways, it's good to see him back & I hope he gets back to the top and competes for a title soon.
    Last edited by GodInFleshSuit; 11-20-2011, 01:04 AM.

Comment

fight went he way everyone thought and knew

Comment

Chavez Jr. looks to be improving. I would like to see him fight Sergio.

Comment

Chavez looked much better. He is pretty much his worst enemy because he gets cocky and starts dropping his hands. But when he sticks to the gameplan he looks pretty good.

I still think he beats Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by sananman50 View Post
            Clottey lost my respect when he blatantly just "showed up" for a paycheck against Pacquiao. I'm sure he had MORE than a chance in that fight. Anyways, it's good to see him back & I hope he gets back to the top and competes for a title soon.
            If clottey would've opened up even one bit on his defense pac would've closed the show. That's how pac makes them look, like they only showed up for a paycheck but they're really in survival mode.

Comment

Clottey will never make it back...Green? a sprarring partner..unfortunately we'll see more of Josh as Arum pushes him...such a waste of talent if you remember how he was 6/7 years ago, he was a little terror...

Comment

someone convince me that Clotty didn't take a dive against Cotto -- he was in total command of the fight for the 1st 6 rounds -- then inexplicably stopped throwing punches even though he didn't seem at all tired or hurt in any way -- would love to know where he has gotten the $$$$ to have stayed out of the ring for so long and then come back against a nobody for chump change....

Comment

Originally posted by bose View Post
                  Chavez Jr. looks to be improving. I would like to see him fight Sergio.
                  Everyone would imo but he will duck him thats for sure Sergio will give him a beaten...

Comment

I was there at Reliant Arena watching the fights and Clottey looked pretty sharp in his fight. He floored Green pretty good. On his way out of the ring, he signed one of my gloves and is a pretty cool guy. Mickey Bey did in my opinion get a gift decision.

Comment

Working...
                    X