No announcement yet.

Question: The punch Mosley landed on Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
    2 things that I think would make Pac landing it much different.

1. while Pac's punch probably wouldn't be quite as hard, Floyd proabably wound't have seen it coming (due to his angles/stance) and wouldn't have absorbed it quite as well.

2. Not sure Floyd would have been able to clench, Pac is pretty damn good at keeping space and avoiding clenches.

Don't think Pac would have KO'ed Floyd at that moment, but I could see him being more hurt and probably knocked down.
    I completely agree with this. Pacquiao throws from weird angles so Floyd would not see the punches coming, therefore hurt Floyd. Floyd would probably get knocked down and frustrated. Pacquiao just blitzes floyd for 12 rounds. I can see floyd trading with Pac in rounds 11-12 with urgency and getting caught with something big.

Either way this fight needs to happen! I'm salivating just thinking about it! FFS

Comment

Originally posted by Imatroll View Post
      I completely agree with this. Pacquiao throws from weird angles so Floyd would not see the punches coming, therefore hurt Floyd. Floyd would probably get knocked down and frustrated. Pacquiao just blitzes floyd for 12 rounds. I can see floyd trading with Pac in rounds 11-12 with urgency and getting caught with something big.

Either way this fight needs to happen! I'm salivating just thinking about it! FFS
      I love this argument makes me laugh every time

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
        I love this argument makes me laugh every time
        Mosley probably thought the same thing

Comment

Mosley hits way harder than Pacquiao so the scenario wouldn't happen, but if Pacquiao did rock Mayweather like that he would put him down no doubt. It wouldn't end up as an actual KO though, Mayweather would beat the count and then it could possibly turn into an eventual TKO depending on how things play out.
          Last edited by Everywhere; 10-10-2011, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Imatroll View Post
            Mosley probably thought the same thing
            lol Mosley is the worst example you could have used frustrated Manny and made him miss from all types of weird angles

Comment

Originally posted by Via View Post
              The punch buckled Mayweather, Mosley had to follow up, which he failed to do. Mayweather was there to be KO'd but it didn't happen. Mosley was shot and couldn't pull the trigger.

Buckled doesn't mean nearly KO'd.. It was more so Mayweather's ability to recover from the shot. Mosley is a great finisher but if you think Mayweather was a couple of shots from getting KO'd then wow. Knocked down? Yes.

Mayweather wasn't nearly KO'd, at the very most nearly knocked down - big difference. The fact that he landed some good shots after taking those two big right hands is telling that he wasn't as hurt as people made it out to be.

Comment

Suckoyd held on for dear life like a crab twice lol. Yes he was nearly KOd.

Comment

The first right hand caught Mayweather good, but he was not in serious trouble of any kind. As a matter of fact Mayweather stayed with Mosley and even pressed Mosley after the shot landed. Floyds legs were in good condition.

The second right hand landed up on Mayweathers temple. Those shots will leave you discombobulated for a short spell, again Floyds legs looked fine.......Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                    lol Mosley is the worst example you could have used frustrated Manny and made him miss from all types of weird angles
                    haha i was thinking that, Shane started to move to the left from Manny power hand and Manny got frustrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Come∂ian View Post
                      haha i was thinking that, Shane started to move to the left from Manny power hand and Manny got frustrated.
                      Look at who is actually saying this though...these are the same people who think Manny has 1 punch KO power in both hands, would be the the best player in the NBA, and that he gets a hole in one on every hole when he plays golf...Pacquiao is the Kim Jong Il of the Philippines.

Comment

Working...
                      X