No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: JuanMa May Face Bautista Instead of HBO Appearance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: JuanMa May Face Bautista Instead of HBO Appearance

Boxingscene has been advised that former two-division champion Juan Manuel Lopez may face Filipino Rey "Boom Boom" Bautista (34-2) in January instead of a planned appearance on an HBO tripleheader on January 19th. Orlando Salido will defend his WBO featherweight belt and WBA middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin will face an opponent to be determined in the other televised fights.

[Click Here To Read More]

as a fan of lopez i hope not..........

Comment

I don't know who this guy is but I hope that he won't be a big puncher cuz juanma needs to win a fight and he is coming from a long layoff..

Comment

boom boom is a puncher.. but like juanma, his chin is made in china..

Comment

Bautista isn't known as a knock out puncher, nothing that would hurt JuanMa. His discipline is questionable, not sure if he would even remotely stand up to JuanMa even considering that JuanMa is coming from back to back loses.

Comment

Good move, no knock on Bautista, even he may be a little too much at this time, but after watching Hatton I'm sure Juanma sees the danger of moving too fast. He wants to be back on top, but he just can't fly up there, he has to climb up. The comparisons are too similar, a long layoff after two KO losses and huge fan pressure. Juanma needs a couple of tune up fights, maybe not in the spot light, to work off the rust, before he takes on the big names.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
              Good move, no knock on Bautista, even he may be a little too much at this time, but after watching Hatton I'm sure Juanma sees the danger of moving too fast. He wants to be back on top, but he just can't fly up there, he has to climb up. The comparisons are too similar, a long layoff after two KO losses and huge fan pressure. Juanma needs a couple of tune up fights, maybe not in the spot light, to work off the rust, before he takes on the big names.
              I agree with this..

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorSoul View Post
                Bautista isn't known as a knock out puncher, nothing that would hurt JuanMa. His discipline is questionable, not sure if he would even remotely stand up to JuanMa even considering that JuanMa is coming from back to back loses.
                boom boom can bang.. majority of his wins comes by way of ko/tko.. i think its at 70% range.. but everytime he steps up in competition, he gets exposed.. golden boy was once so high on this kid, until ponce de leon blast him in 1..

Comment

This must be a good match-up! B oth proven to have a china-made chins and while JuanMa once an indisputable world champ has recently gone into back to back loses and he is craving for a win! While Bautista who once blasted by De Leon and loses from Ruiz was been winning against his foes!

JuanMa advantaged, he have still that feeling of being a champion, and fought high caliber opponents! Disadvantaged, he will be on a hurry to win this time and will not respect Bautista's skill and power!

Bautista Advataged, apparently he had catched-up lessons from his loses and since then he became a careful boxer and wins 8 times sucessively! JuanMa who would not care of Bautista's skills and power, might be caught with a flash punch! Disadvantage, he is not will exposed to high caliber foes who could deliver more accurate punches and could defend themselves from barrage of punches, and could use the ring for their advantages.

Choice, JuanMa by 55-45 advantage, but by this minimal margin I think it could be either way will win this match!

Comment

Im liking the upcoming filipino-mexican fights! Never know if one might just upset the other!

Edit: Haha my bad, I forgot JuanMa was puerto rican. It's just been a while since I heard his name after the incident. I feel racist now.......
                    Last edited by -FLIP-; 11-27-2012, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X