No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alvarez And Broner Arrive By Very Different Means

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Alvarez And Broner Arrive By Very Different Means

By Ernest Gabion - Undefeated sensation Saul Alvarez is now in the record books, as the 20-year old wunderkind became the youngest ever junior middleweight titlist after easily handling Matthew Hatton in their 12-round bout Saturday evening at the Honda Center in Anaheim, California.

Scores were 119-108 across the board in the evening’s main event, which aired live on HBO’s Boxing After Dark series.

From the outset this was the mismatch we feared for. The phrase "from pillar to post" had this exact fight in mind. Size, skill, power intangibles all swayed heavily for Alvarez.

Canelo picked him apart, countered everything Hatton threw and had Hatton reeling with almost every landed punch. By the 2nd round Hatton was already bleeding from the nose and also visibly shaken from the body attack Canelo launched.

The 7th saw the lone Hatton moment when referee Lou Moret deducted a point away from Alvarez for hitting him on the break.

The 9th round was where we finally saw Hatton wane from the punishment he took, wobbling in spots from the uppercuts and right hands Alvarez landed. While this was a one sided affair, Hatton seemed in it just enough to allow Moret to continue on with the action.

The final rounds couldn't have come fast enough for Hatton as he managed to see the final bell and maybe gain a moral victory out of the bludgeoning he received. The scorecards of 119-108 were mere formalities as Alvarez now becomes the WBC Super Welterweight Champion of the world improving his record to 36-0 (26KOs). Hatton falls to 41-5 (16KOs). [Click Here To Read More]

De leon, Broner dec. could easily have gone the other way.

Comment

could there be a worse boxer than Matt hatton? what a disgrace to boxing hatton is. Who were his 40 odd wins against? Hatton looks ugly fights ugly and talks ugly. Hatton looks like an escaped lunatic from a mental hospital. ricky looks shot also.

Comment

my God hatton is terrible. hard to stomach and look at with zero skills. a complete disgrace thank goodness he is a brittie. hey Alvarez is looking like Oscar de la Hoya's son . Compare his photo with Oscars' the white mex might have some heritage after all.

Comment

once again, was not impressed with canelo.....i had ponce winning 6- 4.....broner's a floyd wannabee.....he's just as boring

Comment

The mexican kid can really punch , he's very young and still has a lot to learn . He need to learn to protect himself and fight on te inside . Hatton was a disgrace with his antics ,acting hurt just to get points , he is tougher than I thought .
            Broner will be in trouble when he steps in the ring with someone his own size and skills , I would have given the fight to De Leon myself like lederman , I don't know what fight those judges were watchin ??

Comment

Broner has skills as we all see but he really needs to put his punches together. He respected a smaller man in Ponce far too much. Either he just doesn't have it or just a bit unexperienced(he's young and first step up). A more seasoned fighter would of put Ponce to sleep. Not an awful performance but he obviously needs a ton more work.

Comment

Originally posted by Gratide View Post
                The mexican kid can really punch , he's very young and still has a lot to learn . He need to learn to protect himself and fight on te inside . Hatton was a disgrace with his antics ,acting hurt just to get points , he is tougher than I thought .
                Broner will be in trouble when he steps in the ring with someone his own size and skills , I would have given the fight to De Leon myself like lederman , I don't know what fight those judges were watchin ??
                Really? well damn you must be REALLY disgusted with the antics of alvarez by NOT MAKING WEIGHT, fighting a man who you got about 20-25 natural pounds on. Alvarez had EVERYTHING else rigged to his advantage and in his favor? haha what's wrong with trying to be sneaky and get some point deductions? might as well. I still don't think Hatton look bad at all considering the circumstances. He just doesn't have the stamina to be more active, or the power to make the punches he does throw count more. I can see him scooping up one of the 4(5 including IBO) belts at welterweight.

Comment

Last night Max Kellerman called Canelo a "Prodigy", Max must be out of his mind cause Canelo is more like a HYPED UP TOMATO CAN now CARDBOARD CHAMPION!!! & Now he has a title he must defend & lets see if SCUMBAG Sulaiman doesn't protect him cause in the top 11 are names like Angulo Now #1, Paul Williams, Margarito, Martirosyan, Cintrón & Erislandy Lara(among others) & ANY of these guys will take Canelo's hyped ass OUT!!!

& clown ass ****** Broner got blessed with a S H I T BAG decision!!! Ponce De León definitely won & got ROBBED!!! Lets see when he faces top of the line 130 pounders... I could even see Litzau beating him!!!
                  Last edited by Tomasio; 03-06-2011, 12:13 PM.

Comment

I don't like that article.They needed to call it the way it was.A smaller,less skilled,twice beaten veteran took a young,brash cocky overconfident boy to school & got the **** end of a decision for his trouble.

Comment

Working...
                    X