What pisses me off in boxing more than anything

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What pisses me off in boxing more than anything

Fighters who

about a decision after they get their ass whipped and still think they won.

Examples:
    1. Cintron - "You know I won that fight, come on man!" after getting his ass beat, knocked out and decisioned against Martinez. How can this dickhead be so ingrateful for the robbery/gift draw given to him after he got his ass whipped.
    2. Quartey - "alkfdsjan alkj falkef aoijf sdl" Translation: I am so pissed about the scorecards... I know I beat Fernando Vargas. LOL
    3. Chavez - "I pressured him, backed him up, I do what I always did, I won the fight." Yeah okay, Julio Cesar, we are all convinced that the Texas judges were out to screw you against Whitaker, and found it in the kindness of their heart to give Whitaker enough rounds to get a draw in a fight that you should have rightfully won. Actually, scratch that, you got schooled, and got a draw when you should have gotten your first loss... stop bitching.

Add some more that we can all be pissed about together.

I'm more pissed about the judges makin the wrong decisions themselves. In a close fight, opinions differ and all sides can be accepted. But when a clear winner gets shaded, it sucks.

Comment

what pisses me off is when fans/boxers/judges think making a guy miss punches wins them the round.

it shouldn't/doesn't work that way.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
        I'm more pissed about the judges makin the wrong decisions themselves. In a close fight, opinions differ and all sides can be accepted. But when a clear winner gets shaded, it sucks.
        Well right, but in the case of Martinez-Cintron and Whitaker-Chavez... the winner got shaded and the guy who should have lost acted like HE was the one who got screwed. It's just ridiculous that some of these idiots think they are entitled to a win just because they tried their hardest in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by -0- View Post
          what pisses me off is when fans/boxers/judges think making a guy miss punches wins them the round.

it shouldn't/doesn't work that way.
          Lol, in the case of Froch-Dirrell... it was the guy who didn't make the other guy miss that got the nod.

I'd say that's a little worse.

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
            Well right, but in the case of Martinez-Cintron and Whitaker-Chavez... the winner got shaded and the guy who should have lost acted like HE was the one who got screwed. It's just ridiculous that some of these idiots think they are entitled to a win just because they tried their hardest in the ring.
            Well that I can agree wit. Cintron got KO'd and lost the decision, so his bitchin bout that **** was appalin as it gets.

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
              Lol, in the case of Froch-Dirrell... it was the guy who didn't make the other guy miss that got the nod.

I'd say that's a little worse.
              that's different. dirrell LANDED MORE punches than froch. dirrell also landed the more meaningful , MORE DAMAGING punches.

that was just a robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by -0- View Post
                that's different. dirrell LANDED MORE punches than froch. dirrell also landed the more meaningful , MORE DAMAGING punches.

that was just a robbery.
                Yeah, I know... I'm still pissed off about it.

I get what you mean though... like Whitaker-De La Hoya. Those who thought that Whitaker outclassed De La Hoya or whatever are insane. He made Oscar miss, and he also made himself miss by not throwing. I don't see how Whitaker is ahead if that is what happened in a lot of the rounds.

Comment

The ending of a truly memorable career.

One of the worst for me was Trinidad.

I really loved watching that guy fight.

Comment

Im more pissed about fighters not being able or not willing to fight the best because of the ABC boys. Just my opinion, of course.

Comment

Working...
                    X