Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gamboa vs. Broner...a huge mismatch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broner's biggest flaw is the fact that he's stationary, Gamboa's footwork would give him all kinds of problems. He has a good defense so Gamboa wouldn't land many clean shots but he'd win rounds by throwing combinations and moving.

Comment

Broner would knock Gamboa out. I think he could do it with one shot too.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
        Broner's biggest flaw is the fact that he's stationary, Gamboa's footwork would give him all kinds of problems. He has a good defense so Gamboa wouldn't land many clean shots but he'd win rounds by throwing combinations and moving.
        Do you think that Broner can only fight one way?

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
          I think he'd have problems against an elite fighter who moves a lot, he would literally look pedestrian. It's hard to beat Gamboa by following him around without cutting off the ring and throwing one punch at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Jay
            Quote:

Originally Posted by Light_Speed

Is the only way I've seen Broner fight... People forget Broner only walks people down. Opponents who are not mobile. Gamboa would box circles around this dude.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I just don't see broner in the Floyd shell tryin to walk Gamboa down.. Yuri will not be there for broner to hit, broner would have to pivot around in that Floyd shoulder shell all night, plus he hasn't shown the ability to escape and move around quickly on his feet. Gamboa like wise won't be in the pocket head down like demarco , he would just have to circle and box his ears off, broner is not a very good "boxer".

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                Is the only way I've seen Broner fight... People forget Broner only walks people down. Opponents who are not mobile. Gamboa would box circles around this dude.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                ^^^^^^ this!!!

Comment

Gamboa wouldn't box circles around Broner. Gamboa would run, and Broner would walk him down. Gamboa hasn't proven to be a master boxer. He's a fast handed slugger who can box a lil bit with a suspect chin. Gamboa has good power, but he's never faced a boxer like Broner who has speed AND power! There is no speed difference between the two. There is a big power and reach difference. Imo Gamboa would be no match for Broner. No match!

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                    I think he'd have problems against an elite fighter who moves a lot, he would literally look pedestrian. It's hard to beat Gamboa by following him around without cutting off the ring and throwing one punch at a time.
                    That's not what I asked you.

I agree that Broner would have problems.

I was just asking your opinion as to whether you thought Broner could or could not switch his approach up.

I mean let's face it: With all the Mayweather comparisons, one has to wonder if Broner were taken to task could he change his approach like Floyd did against Zab Judah.

I was just looking for your opinion. Personally I find that aspect much more worthy of exploring than just simply saying "Gambo is going to be too much".

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                      Gamboa wouldn't box circles around Broner. Gamboa would run, and Broner would walk him down. Gamboa hasn't proven to be a master boxer. He's a fast handed slugger who can box a lil bit with a suspect chin. Gamboa has good power, but he's never faced a boxer like Broner who has speed AND power! There is no speed difference between the two. There is a big power and reach difference. Imo Gamboa would be no match for Broner. No match!
                      I'm almost in complete agreement with this, except I'm not sold on the idea that Gamboa would be no match.

But I'm inclined to believe that Broner would have a solid edge unless Gamboa had Broner come in at a mannyweight.

Comment

Working...
                      X