Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody actually think Chavez will be able to walk through Martinez punches

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think people have put way too much stock into Jr's win vs Lee and zbik?? Lee had success boxing in angles but his ego caught up with him when he decided to go toe to toe thinking his power shots would take Jr out. He did the same thing against a journey Man (Brian Vera).

Martinez is smart and i doubt he will lose focus since this is the one big fight with a big payday he has been waiting for. Martinez does have a KO power. Everyone remembers Williams 2 but he did the same against a usually solid chin fighter in Cintron.. he Ko'd him until Kermit got up complaining that it was a head butt not a punch lol

I see Martinez giving Jr angles and sizing him up for the Left.. once they get close i know he will tie him up and wear Jr down for the late rounds where he will be able to tag Jr face over and over like pacquio does... TKO 9th round

Comment

No, he won't "walk through" Sergio's punches

Comment

sergio had problems in the beginning of his last 2 fights. If he lets chavez jr do anything like that he can forget about taking over in the last rounds.

Comment

Jr will buy into the hype an try to walk through Martinez' punches but that won't last too long. He will try and realize that Martinez has pop so he will ease off a little bit. He will then realize that his only chance is to jump in and attack and just try to minimize the punishment as he closes the gap...Sergio will sidestep and counter Chavez, tying him up once Chavez is close to him.

When the 7th or 8th round rolls around, Martinez will start to double up his punches and that's when Jr' face will start to look like a side of bee that Rocky has been pounding on.

TKO by round 10 or 11.....this is of course if Chavez tries to be smart at times. If he tries to walk Martinez down, he will get destroyed within 7 rounds...his dad or Roach will stop the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            me

i think he walks right through them. martinez power gets overrated because of the williams stoppage.
            Dzinziruk....never, ever down as a pro or am.....dropped 5 times by Martinez. Cintron...ko'd by Martinez (he hit him so hard, he swore it was a headbutt). KO'd Barker....never KO'd before, TKO'd Macklin....only KO'd once a few years back.

Dude doesn't end up beating guys to a pulp because he has no power man...he beat Pavlik like something from a Rocky movie....Chavez is going to be shocked.

Comment

Jr will take his punches and walk him down with good body shots.
              Martinez will have an excuse after losing. He's getting up there in age.

Jr got this.

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
                Chavez jr has a great chin, brutal body attack...but he moves in straight lines and has zero head movement. It's going to be fun to watch. Can Martinez chop this tree down or is jr going to just keep coming and overwhelm Sergio. I can't wait
                Man...I just have this feeling that even Chavez jr himself really doubts his chances and that's why his dad is doing so much talking, trying to bait Martinez into a fight that would better suit his son.

Martinez isn't some green kid, the same kid that lost to Margarito...they really need to look past that fight and look at what Sergio does now. I think Chavez is going to assume he can boss Martinez but his face is gonna get straight rearranged quick with that mentality and I think we will see a scared Chavez on the stool between rounds with his corner trying to boost his confidence after only a few rounds.

People can say what they want but Chavez jr takes a few rounds to get going while Sergio starts fast...it's like giving away 2 laps to another runner while running the mile. He will be behind on the cards and already be weary of Sergio's power....that's only going to lead to careless behavior out of fear and doubt.....mistakes, costly mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by noStylez View Post
                  Jr will take his punches and walk him down with good body shots.
                  Martinez will have an excuse after losing. He's getting up there in age.

Jr got this.
                  When you focus to the body, where are you hands? Not blocking your face. Who is faster, Sergio or Chavez? We all know the answer to that...punches in bunches leads to pizza face.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    When you focus to the body, where are you hands? Not blocking your face. Who is faster, Sergio or Chavez? We all know the answer to that...punches in bunches leads to pizza face.
                    As long as jr doesn't stay on the outside. Inside and go to work. I think this will be a competitive fight and not some blow out.

Looking forward to this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by noStylez View Post
                      As long as jr doesn't stay on the outside. Inside and go to work. I think this will be a competitive fight and not some blow out.

Looking forward to this fight.
                      Chavez will hve his moments no doubt...he just lacks the experience against guys who can bang and adapt. He will do decent in the mid-rounds but when Sergio turns it on after the 8th...it's over.

Comment

Working...
                      X