No announcement yet.

The secret

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The secret

the reason most people tense up in the ring is because they are worried about getting hit, not afraid mind you but to concerned. when you step in the ring know that you are going to get hit and dont worry about it. before you work out try picture in your mind you moving fast and smooth in your own way. shadowboxing is the closest to fighting without fighting because you are training you body how to move and react and it becomes muscle memory and second nature. 95% of people in the gym do not shadowbox enough because you don't get the satisfaction of hitting something, i train my fighters the cuban way and that means shadowboxing 10-20 rounds and everything else 2-3 rounds each. hitting things gives some fighters a false sence of security and disrupts thier balance and stops them from truly mastering thier body. and remember do no "try" "DO" because when you try you can fail but you cannot fail when you simply just "DO". never stay stationary always move something, if your feet arn't moving move your torso and if your torso isn't moving move your head. be UNPREDICTABLE ALWAYS, change the angle, speed and power of your punches when working out or in the ring. keep your opponent gussing until it too late for him. never worry about losing or looking stupid to others because this is a personal journey of self-discovery

Great advice thanks.

Comment

What sort of shadowboxing do you recomend? with or without gloves? use light weights or without weights or both?

Comment

great post

Comment

very good post

Comment

Originally posted by dchampishere View Post
            never worry about losing or looking stupid to others because this is a personal journey of self-discovery
            wow. someone on the forum actually said something... profound. good post, dude.

Comment

Good post !

Good to see someone post a constructive thread !

Comment

Great post!
                Shadowboxing is great way to find the mistake your doing too. Be self critic when doing your shadow boxing, look that your jab don't come back to low, replace your feet after a couple of punch,....

Comment

Thanks man, i hope you make another post soon.

By the way... are you cuban?

Comment

Great post i need to shadow box alot more!!

Comment

Working...
                    X