No announcement yet.

Pettis considering dropping too 145lbs to face Aldo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pettis considering dropping too 145lbs to face Aldo

That means Pettis will have to fend off another round of lightweight hopefuls to keep his spot in line. Or he can do what Edgar wouldn't, and shed some skin to give "Junior" the fits in a featherweight title fight. A move his manager tells Ariel Helwani (via UFC Tonight) is currently under consideration.

"I spoke to Anthony's manager just a few hours ago and he told me that he was really disappointed, but he respects the decision. He would consider going down to 145 to fight Aldo. This is definitely something to monitor."
    MMAmania.com

I think it would be a great fight and the only real challenge Aldo has had in a while...

Comment

great match up on paper.

i think aldo sons him, though

Comment

Aldo via soccer kicks

Comment

He should definitely fight him. I agree with the others though. Aldo breaks him.

Comment

wow, that's a sick ass matchup. not sure if pettis can pull it off, he'd be a clear underdog but props to him if he does it.

Comment

might be in the minority but im with pettis beating aldo....hope this fight gets made or also heard cesar gracie is lobbying for dana white to bring pettis over to strikeforce and challenge melendez on may 19...either match up is sick....WAR SHOWTIME!!!

Comment

Interesting it is.

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
                  I think it would be a great fight and the only real challenge Aldo has had in a while...
                  I would like to see him and Hominick again that was a good fight that showed Aldo is beatable.and i think Pettis fcks him up.

Comment

Originally posted by $ LegenD $ View Post
                    might be in the minority but im with pettis beating aldo....hope this fight gets made or also heard cesar gracie is lobbying for dana white to bring pettis over to strikeforce and challenge melendez on may 19...either match up is sick....WAR SHOWTIME!!!
                    Why is the best Lw in the world still in Strikeforce,Dana hates the Gracie camp it seems Melendez is one of the most exciting fighters in the sport bar none.

Comment

Working...
                    X