Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if broners the next berto instead of the next Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With that said Berto vs Broner at 147 some day would be interesting if Berto puts up a decent run.

Comment

He's definitely better than Berto...better footwork, defense, and stamina clearly...

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        With that said Berto vs Broner at 147 some day would be interesting if Berto puts up a decent run.
        Berto needs to get back on track. He should target a 3 fight 2013. A lot of intriguing fights for Broner in the 140-147 division if he continues to progress as he has. But needs to not rush the moves up in weight. Rushing up in weight is great for the internet forums, but irresponsible actions for Managers and Promoters.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Broner doesn't have the style to be the next Berto.

Berto has an explosive style and can be drawn in to wars. Broner is very dominant, can get in to a war but a one-sided one where only he's dishing out punishment. Berto's wars have all been far from one-sided.

Broner seems like a cross between Mayweather and Winky.
          Perfect comparison a cross between Floyd and Winky

Comment

Originally posted by -EX- View Post
            He's definitely better than Berto...better footwork, defense, and stamina clearly...
            I'm not sold on his stamina yet. But on everything else I am. I noticed in the De Marco fight, he did a lot sucking wind so to speak. And he didn't leave his stool until he had no other choice.

I'm interested in 140, cause when he goes there, those guys have the power to keep him honest & it'll tell us a lot about him.

Comment

SKILLS wise, he is way behind of Floyd but a slightly above Berto... But I will not be surprise if he ended up Berto.

POPULARITY, he is way UP than Berto but not sure if he can get closer to the popularity of Floyd...

Comment

Originally posted by JAMES_THUNDER View Post
                Don't get me wrong I'm not a broner hater, I infant love his style in the ring.. But what if he's just ur real fast guy with power and once he moves up in weight and competition hell lose? There are many guys that start out great and everyone loves fast powerful hands but at the highest level that can onlyngomso far. Wards the closes to Floyd right know IMO in terms of greatness.
                he can actually box tho....

Comment

we can only hope...but he doesn't suck like Berto

Comment

Just my opinion but Broner is already more on track to being next Floyd than anything. Just like a young Floyd, he's chasing champions, being avoided by them, being asked for rediculous paydays ( a sign of knowing it's cashout/lose time). Hated on by "fans" even though he's doing what their favorite boxers don't. Somehow, someway people say Floyd ducked Cotto and Mosley even though neither one of them wanted to fight Floyd when he was chasing them, when they were younger and undefeated. So I expect future boxing fans to pay more attention to his arrogance, and who he "didn't fight", more than they will pay attention to the fact that the champs don't want it with Broner right now.

Comment

He's already looked better against the same type of competition Berto looks average or bad against.

Comment

Working...
                      X