Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't Juan Manuel Marquez and Erik Morales ever meet in the ring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why didn't Juan Manuel Marquez and Erik Morales ever meet in the ring?

Forgive me fight fans if I'm missing something obvious but surely these two should have locked horns somewhere done the line...thus completing the epic 4 way rivalry of Barrera, Pacquiao , Morales and Marquez.

I don't remember for certain but I think they were in talks, but Nacho told Marquez not to take the fight because they money wasn't right? yeah?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

just wasn't meant to be, both were at different levels when Morales was still relevant and morales had a different path.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
        just wasn't meant to be, both were at different levels when Morales was still relevant and morales had a different path.
        Prime Morales and JMM would have been one hell of a tear up!

Comment

He priced himself out.

Comment

The Master and his B1tch
            Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comment

Originally posted by ~BoZz~ View Post
              The Master and his B1tch
              Image and video hosting by TinyPic
              more like the cheater (mayweather ) and the guy (marquez) who really just wanted a fair fight.

This is why mayweather scared of pacquaio cause once you give an advantage to another fighter you can end up on your ass and Mayweather doesnt have marquez type of heart so if pacquaio puts him down he staying down.

Comment

iirc Morales always felt Marquez was beneath him and not worthy to fight him

Comment

Marquez ducked him :/

Comment

i remember morrales giving up a belt over something that may have involved marquez - but i can't remember the details i'm afraid, i remember there was talk of morrales v marquez at the time but can't remember much - time makes things very foggy! I know for certain that nazeem gave up his belt rather than fight him. (good move from naz marquez would have schooled him) Marquez was very avoided earlier on in his career.
                    Last edited by Daddy T; 12-13-2012, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X